PC Peripherals Onboard vs SB live 24bit

Trajan

Adept
My mobo is MSI KT4AV-L featuring KT400A chipset.

the mobo features Realtek ALC650 6 channel audio and the southbridge is VIA VT8235(not soundstorm). CPU usage when playing 3D audio and 3D + EAX shoots up to 16% which seems to be high.

My question is will there be any difference in sund quality and CPU usage if i get a SB live 24bit?

CPU usage of 16% with an external card seems to be high right? what else can be done to reduce the CPU usage?

I have a GF4 Ti4400 gfx card and so even 2 or 3 fps increase wud have a lot of diff during gaming new games... so i really want to reduce the CPU usage so that i get more fps...

Yup and the SBlive mods to the audigy. Most of the features and performance is available except for some. I had made a post of the guide earlier. Just search around.

Raghu.

Letting us install the audigy drivers IS the mod!!

There is perceptible improvement in quality and reduced CPU usage, besides the extra options that become available for configuring the sound card (options present in the Audigy but not in the Live). The mod is an installation of the Audigy drivers, fooling it to think that you have one. Drivers have a lot of influence on how things work, especially when there is little difference in hardware.

Raghu.

Back