One month wid no net and worse

dr.abhijeet

Disciple
LAST month was pretty bad for me on the comp front.........
no net fr 1 month...........reason being... i used a local cable net....the thing was fried in lightining.... :mad: :mad:
and bsnl dial up at gtk was down:p ..... then i had a dead fone fr a week.......then again it rained and lightining struk again taking my HDD and dvd writer wid it:huh: :huh: .... no dial tone in my fone now too.... finally.... decided to buy a CDMA landline..... went to RIM Office..... the guy was charging 650/- fr data cable:mad: :mad: :mad: :......
went to TATA indicom office... bought a walky post paid..... took a couple of days...... came online at 10pm today.....GAWD:hap2: :hap2: ...

Too much lightning out there, supply some to your capital dude, we're running powerless thesedays ;)

But its still good being powerless than being internetless, isn't it?

What you need is something like this - I keep it between the wall socked and my UPS. Bought this many years back - at least 15 years - cannot remember where and what price. :)

actually i had somethin called a lightning arrester.. but it stopped working after a while (internet failed to connect when the cable wasplugged into it ) .. it cost me 100 bucks or something... i usually unplug my cable when it rains :p its the best way to prevent ur comp from becoming a frying pan :p

hummer said:
dude i hv ups.......

I have an APC and a PCM UPS and both of these have protection for LAN cable against lightning. Does you UPS have this feature ? ..... and yes I still unplug my cable conx during thunder and lightning periods.

A friend has a cable Net conx and this was attached to a Networked setup which is always on - one night lightning hit the cable outside his place and this fried all his computers - they were TOAST :) ..... I think he had about 12 computers burnt by that lightning hit.

Back