Budget 20-25K Oneplus Two or Moto X Play?

Hi everyone! Im looking to buy a mobile soon for around 20-25k. I need good camera, performance, battery and future proofing, which means timely updates. I've short listed the oneplus 2 and moto x play. Out of these two which one should i buy? Also does OP2 get good/timely updates to newer versions of android? Could you explain the usb type c to me in terms of will i need an adapter to connect it to my computer (usb 2.0 and 3.0). How much memory is avaialble to the user out of 64GB. I use a lot of apps! Also at any given time the amout of ram avaialbl3 avaialble out of 4GB.
The 13mp seems to be better than the 21mp in terms of color and other areas, but the latter seems to have better details, also how is the low light imaging ? Also your take on oxygen os.
Comments from users of these phones would be great as well.
Sorry for such a big post.

Regards,
Pranav Kumar

OP2 vs Xplay, I've used both recently my observations.

OP2 software is buggy, inspite of strong specs it lags. Even routine tasks like calling a contact to opening app it has a appreciable lag. It's dual sim functionality is poorly implemented. This is much better with Xplay. No lags in day to day tasks, whatsoever.

Battery life is definitely better with Xplay, 5.5 hr + SOT. OP2 not very bad either 4.5hrs SOT easily. Both lasts much more than a typical working day. Fast Charging option is available with Xplay, since both take nearly 4hrs for charging completely.

Camera is much better with OP2, plus offers complete manual mode. Low light none of them is good but would prefer OP2 anyday, so goes for video recording.

OP2 overheats occasionally but it settles later on. The overheating is quite unpredictable, it may overheat with less intense activities also. Overheating reduces a lot after using for few days.

Network and WiFi connectivity is better with Xplay. Call and audio quality is good in both.

Build quality and screen viewing angles is good with OP2, not very bad with Xplay

Conclusion : if you love geeky stuff, rooting, flashing custom Roms and optimizing the software ; OP2 is the best option. It's a great hardware limited only by poorly optimized software. If you Use it for heavy gaming and manual camera settings again OP2 is better.
If You need a no nonsense phone, which works always, with reliable day to day performance, great battery life, average camera then Xplay is a clear choice. The software and dual sim functionality implementation is much better with Moto X play.

BTW both justify the price they're offered, ultimately it's a significant deciding factor

Thank you for the insight and advice.
Could you specify network and WiFi connectivity,do you mean the signal strength?
Also how important is NFC in a country like india?
I'm sure the software will be sorted out in the next update,right.
Your views on the type c port regarding connections to a computer or USB drives with USB 2.0 and how much storage is user available ?

Thank you for the insight and advice.
Could you specify network and WiFi connectivity,do you mean the signal strength?
Also how important is NFC in a country like india?
I'm sure the software will be sorted out in the next update,right.
Your views on the type c port regarding connections to a computer or USB drives with USB 2.0 and how much storage is user available ?

It's sometimes my callers used to complain that I'm not reachable, though I'm having complete network signals. I've faced this issue with most of Chinese manufacturers, Xiaomi, Lenovo etc. My other phone is S6, I don't have any issues with it. The cellular data connectivity wasn't upto the mark either, when compared to S6 or Xplay on a same network.

Type C port, is mostly a inconvenience right now. You'll have to carry it always, with no wireless charging options you can't charge your phone anywhere if it dies midday. I use USB otg feature while traveling, I have to buy USB C port compatible OTG cable & so on.

If you have NFC compatible devices it's a drawback for OP2. Android NFC payments will be launched soon with KFC and MacDonald according to news reports. Indian implementation of NFC payments will be late but once it comes it'll be very popular I guess. Fingerprint scanner without NFC isn't a logical feature set .

Last edited:
I have One Plus Two and and I just got Moto X play for my wife.. Both happy with choice.

Advantages of one plus two
- Camera
- Processor
- OPT have double ram but didnt see moto x play suffer there.
- More premium feel compare to Moto x play

Advantages of moto x play
- Battery
- Standard tried and tested software
- May be good service in case something go wrong
- FM if you care

things to ignore
- Type C USB - its just reversible no advantages unless some one also have at home
- Finger print - hopefully marshmallow gets more features
- Screen - both are good enough.. nothing to choose there
- NFC - my old phone got it but never used

There is difference of 5k+ so depends on how much you want to save... pick any both are great for the money.

If you are going to moto x style bugdet I seriously recommend Nexus 6P. Read some really great reviews today.

Back