Budget Above 40k Oneplus

Please suggest if it is good to buy oneplus 9 RT now.. Or I have to wait for upcoming phones.. How is 9 RT.
It is a decent phone but at 43k, it is not worth. I have Oneplus 8 and I have seen the degradation of quality of OxygenOS. Check the Galaxy S20 FE which costs less, has IP68 water resistance, better display, Samsung Pay which works at almost every retail PoS unit, is more stable and has better after sales service. If you want to buy a OnePlus, yes, 9RT is a safer bet compared to newer 10 series phones.

If you can extend your budget just a bit, check the S21 FE that is powered by SD888.

9RT design good with alert slider feature but it was launched late, and that too with Android 11. Oxygen OS is receiving a lot of complaints, especially in OxygenOS 12 (Android 12) like being buggy, cartoonish icons like ColorOS. I would say wait for a while or look at at other options, especially the ones with LTPO displays, for example : Xiaomi 12 Pro, Realme GT 2 Pro etc. Else if your usage is normal, and want good camera, then for Samsung.

Have been using 8T (12/256), no issues at all.
As for 9 series the chipset used is 888, all phones on that chipset have reported horrible heating issues.
The chipset is at fault not the phone.

I'm currently using One plus 8 and I don't have any complaints. Everything's really good except the camera which is let's say, bad. But other things like display, battery, performance everything is great.

I would suggest waiting for the 10RT Series if you are really into OnePlus phones rather than 9RT
Or you could even try out some of the less used phones available for that range in the classifieds section.
Upping your budget by a couple more thousands will land you a significantly better experience.

Back