Online Gaming Tournament: Defense of the Ancients

Map version: 6.72f

Participants: 10

Game version: 1.26a

a) Preliminary round

1v1 matches, Each player plays a match with every other.

Total Matches: 45

Rules and regulations:

1. Game Mode: -arshomnprs (All random, same heroes, only-mid, no powerups and random side)

2. Objective is to destroy the Frozen throne for the Sentinels/The World Tree for the Scourge.

3. A saved replay of the game is mandatory to validate a participants victory.

4. Game will be saved at regular intervals. In case a disconnection occurs, game will be rehosted from the previous save, if a disconnection occurs without the game being saved then the match will begin from the start again.

5. A player may choose to surrender if he wishes to, he should write in chat "I surrender" for that. (Game replay is required)

6. Derogatory remarks/abusive language is strictly not allowed and failure to comply would result in the participant being banned from the tournament.

7. Any exploitation software/hacks are strictly not allowed, any participant found using it would be banned from the tournament.

Note:

1. Incase the hero that comes up is Invoker, the game is to be rehosted as Invoker is not allowed in this round.

2. If the save replay option is not available after the game, participants are required to save a screenshot of the individual scores.

b) Final round

The top 6 participants who win the most matches move on to the next round.

The 6 participants would be divided in teams of two randomly using the "-sp" command.

3 matches will be played, the side which wins more matches at the end of the 3 matches wins the tournament.

Rules and regulations for this round: (Apart from the above):

1.For the first match Game mode: -apxlsp (All pick, extended league, shuffle players); after that -apxlrs

2. Each game will be appointed atleast one observer.

3. After the game is over, permission is to be taken from the observers to leave the game.

4. In case of any dispute, the word of the observer would be final.

5. If a disconnection occurs without the game being saved even once, the game will be rehosted and the participants are required to choose the same heroes they had chosen earlier.

Dates:

14th August - Preliminary Round - Set 1 (1v1 matches)

15th August - Preliminary Round - Set 2 (1v1 matches)

21st August - Final round (Team Matches)

How to Play with Garena : Garena Game Guide – How to play Warcraft 3 DOTA on Garena

P.S All screenshots/replays of the matches are to be posted in this thread.

OMG only 1 vs 1 is this real and it take pathetic time to play for long time :O so why not 5vs5 which it is much better to give lot of support and fun ;) and my garena id is arunhalo so i am participate it soon :)

Arun.P said:
OMG only 1 vs 1 is this real and it take pathetic time to play for long time :O so why not 5vs5 which it is much better to give lot of support and fun ;) and my garena id is arunhalo so i am participate it soon :)

i guess last date for registrations was 31st july :) .. contact mods for more info ....

when will we get info on CS .. impatient to play :D

Arun.P said:

Well, how do we get teams for this 5v5 format you are speaking of? Anyways, round two will have 3v3 matches.

ISHROCZ_14 said:
when will we get info on CS .. impatient to play :D

We are not having CS for this season, we will surely have it in a subsequent season.

For all details: http://www.techenclave.com/site-ann...-community-association-theitdepot-196383.html

You kidding right? DoTA tournaments around the world are played 5v5. The game is meant to be played 5v5. You should research the game a little bit before hosting a tournament maybe? 5v5 is the reason this game is so damn popular in the country.

To be fair to the organizers, getting 10 people to play together online requires huge amount of effort and coordination. But yes, 3v3 can be targeted. 1v1 DOTA is very boring. Just my $0.02 :)

i agree that 3v3 is very boring late game and 1v1 is boring through out

i see the difficulties in the process but im sure something can be worked out

jc36lect3r said:
To be fair to the organizers, getting 10 people to play together online requires huge amount of effort and coordination. But yes, 3v3 can be targeted. 1v1 DOTA is very boring. Just my $0.02 :)

Getting 10 people to play would be the easiest thing, rather 1v1 is difficult to organize.

What alternative does anybody have to this? Members are not registering teams here, rather they are registering themselves. How do we make teams then and make sure things are fair?

If you have played DotA, you would know that there is no one 'best player'. Everybody has a role to play.

That way each time the players who play carries would win.

i do understand their is no best player...its a team game...and its a team victory or loss but there are always players who play a more important part then other be it support or carry....i know it did not come out correctly last time but all i meant to say was let the team decide who contributed more and who contributed less

Mephistopheles said:
Getting 10 people to play would be the easiest thing, rather 1v1 is difficult to organize.

What alternative does anybody have to this? Members are not registering teams here, rather they are registering themselves. How do we make teams then and make sure things are fair?

Just went through the rules posted in the link above. 10 slots mean 10 teams or 10 people? If there are 10 people, then you could

1. Make two random teams (-shuffleplayers) and play them for 3 (or 5) matches.

2. Add to more slots and make teams of 3 people.

3. Decide the MVP of the finals by Admin votes or player votes

Random? What if lets suppose Team A has all players who play excellent DotA and Team b has all players who play moderate to good DotA. How will we ever make sure all the better players go to the next round?

The 1v1 prelim round is basically an evaluation round so that we know which players to qualify for the next round. Check the game modes also, they have been chosen to make sure that the tournament is as fair as possible.

10 slots means 10 participants.

That we can't :) Well it is trading teamplay for invidual skills and boring farm fests. All the best with the tourney, please upload replays. And hope random throws up good early game heroes :)

Back