OpenStack,Salesforce. Pros and Cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi
Can anyone tell me the Pros and Cons of Salesforce and/or OpenStack right now?
In a developer point of view.
Thank you

Last edited:
Both are great at what they do. Comparing a IaaS stack to a PaaS offering does not really make sense for me. Any specific area you are curious about?

Well its been just a month since i started using so it is pretty much a small view.
Object management, and relationships are a piece of cake. Its easier than it sounds.
Coding in Apex is pretty straight forward. Much like Java. But there are a few issues with Eclipse's Force.com IDE Plugin.
Code management is easy. Visualforce has many tags, makes it faster to use. All data is stored on cloud, so it is pretty reliable.
Recovery of lost data is easy too. Overall pretty good stuff

@F3niX Actually I wanted to what things can be accomplished using Salesforce.
Is it a programming language like Java, C, C++ etc?
Or is it a programming language with an integrated GUI builder like VB.NET, C#, Delphi etc?
Or is it used to create dynamic web pages - like HTML + PHP?
Or is it used for database management - like SQL, PL/SQL ?

I am hearing the name of Salesforce for quite some time. But till now have not yet been able to understand what is its main use.

Its more like HTML+PHP+SQL
Its good, but not the best.
It is just a combination if you ask me. Apex handles programming, Visualforce for UI and SOQL, SOSL for Querying

If anyone is aware of the cost structure of salesforce data pipeline, please do advise on it. We are trying to use salesforce data pipeline to transfer data so wondering on the cost related to it.

I don't understand salesforce but one of the family friend built a big startup on it and it got acquired by another company called ntt data or something.

So I guess, it's a good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back