Opera Browser beta 3.

Opera Software ASA today released a Beta 3 version of the next Opera browser for desktop, introducing native Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG 1.1 Tiny) to further advance Web sites and applications. Opera is the first browser to natively support SVG technology as part of its continuing effort to provide the fastest, most secure and state-of-the art browser on the market.

SVG is an XML-based language for Web graphics developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It enables Web developers to create the next generation of interactive and personalized Web applications in high-quality vector graphics instead of bitmaps, which are most often used on Web sites today. SVG can therefore be scaled to fit any screen - from small mobile devices to high-resolution printers. As opposed to proprietary vector-based Web technologies, SVG is an open, text-based standard, and can be reached and indexed by search engines. By combining SVG with existing Web standards like HTML, CSS, JavaScript and DOM, Opera is prepared to support the next generation of Web sites.

"We believe SVG will enter mainstream Web design in the future and we are very pleased to add native support in the Opera browser", says Hakon Wium Lie, CTO, Opera Software. "We will work with other vendors to ensure that SVG can be used interoperably on the Web."

"As the Internet is maturing we see that most new Web sites are no longer static displays of information, but rather complex online applications that use advanced Web technologies to enable improved interactivity, speed, and services," says Jon S. von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. "It is only natural that Web browsers support Web technologies natively, rather than by having to keep adding plug-ins. By integrating SVG support, Opera continues its tradition of bringing innovation to the Web and setting the de-facto standard for Web browsers."

Opera's desktop browser has undergone dramatic improvements in performance and security, with new features such as anti-phishing technology. Native SVG 1.1 Tiny support has been integrated in Opera's Core code for the next desktop release, and will be available also on other devices shortly. The company is preparing for the launch of the final version of its next desktop browser, and the Beta 3 version is available as a free download from www.opera.com.

For a demo of native SVG support, download Opera Beta 3 and visit www.opera.com/features/svg/

Learn more about SVG at www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/About.html
About Opera Software ASA

Opera Software ASA is an industry leader in the development of Web browser technology, targeting the desktop, smartphone, PDA, home media and vertical markets. Partners include companies such as IBM, Nokia, Sony, Motorola, Adobe, Macromedia, Symbian, Canal+ Technologies, Sony Ericsson, Kyocera, Sharp, Motorola Metroworks, MontaVista Software, BenQ, Sendo and AMD. The Opera browser has received international recognition from users, industry experts and media for being faster, smaller and more standards-compliant than other browsers.

Opera's browser technology is cross-platform and modular, and currently available on the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Symbian OS, Windows Mobile, BREW, QNX, TRON, FreeBSD, Solaris and Mediahighway.

Opera Software ASA is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with development centers in Linkoping and Gothenburg, Sweden. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at www.opera.com.
argg how did i miss to post this 2 days ago :noway:
Btw do i need to give my Firefox speech :p

For me opera has always ruled..
for a brief period in the 7.x stage, ff had started to look cool, but opera has hit back and is undoubtedly a super fast browser. It has a much better password storage feature, a grt integrated m2 client(ok tb is there too) and a super set of features which come natively and you don't need extensions for them to work.

Opera rox for me :boxing22:

yep...the only disadvantages being...
1] lack of site support that IE enjoys the most.
2] its pathetically slow loading times.

1] lack of site support that IE enjoys the most.
Yes thats valid. ff does a better job there,,,

2] its pathetically slow loading times.
huh,,, it loads pretty damn fast for me. also ff is a slow loader in most cases unless the prefetch hack is not done.(and even then)

I am not too pleased with this new release.
It is stupid to have that auto redirection disabled by default.Also i am having some prob.Opera isnt remembering my toolbar setup!

One good thing is that it identifies itself as opera by default

Indyan said:
I am not too pleased with this new release.
It is stupid to have that auto redirection disabled by default.Also i am having some prob.Opera isnt remembering my toolbar setup!

One good thing is that it identifies itself as opera by default

There is a browser called Firefox :p
/me hiding from Super nova :rofl:

Back