PC Peripherals Opinion about Viewsonic VX922

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
My friend agreed to get me a LCD Monitor also from US. My first choice is the VX922 from Viewsonic. Available for $270 on both newegg and tigerdirect which comes to around 13k in rupees.

Viewsonic VX922

Since it seems that many people are using this monitor, would like to know your opinion of this monitor. Will mostly use it for gaming and then for movies. any other good alternatives considering that my max budget for this is $300. Did any one encounter dead pixels with this monitor immediately after purchasing it?

He would be going to Boston, so would appreciate it if some can who knows can tell me where in boston he can get this. Would there be any issues? He would be getting a laptop for himself, but he would just carry it in his hand and say that its his personal laptop.

Also I am asking him to get a multifunction panel from one of the two below

Ultra Fan Commander
or
Aerocool Gate Watch

Need some opinion about these two..

We all know tht it has the best response time for an LCD. But dont think there are that many people using it in India...

I will be ordering either this viewsonic model or that wonderful Hyundai L90 D+ 19" model. haven't decided yet which one to get. the hyundai is known good performer and the viewsonic is newer technology.
I am leaning towards the viewsonic as it would be useful for gaming too (2 ms refresh ) ....

Get the 2025WM if u can afford the extra cash or else even better u get new Dell 2005FPWs on ebay for 350 or so these days. Don't fall for those viewsonic response times... they are all g2g. Hell there's no ghosting even on my 12ms (real not g2g) 2005, even in q3/quakeworld.

deejay said:
I will be ordering either this viewsonic model or that wonderful Hyundai L90 D+ 19" model. haven't decided yet which one to get. the hyundai is known good performer and the viewsonic is newer technology.
I am leaning towards the viewsonic as it would be useful for gaming too (2 ms refresh ) ....

The 2ms response time is drawing me towards it..:eek:hyeah:

Chaos said:
Get the 2025WM if u can afford the extra cash or else even better u get new Dell 2005FPWs on ebay for 350 or so these days. Don't fall for those viewsonic response times... they are all g2g. Hell there's no ghosting even on my 12ms (real not g2g) 2005, even in q3/quakeworld.

cant really shell out more than $ 300 at this time...:(

Which would be a better choice in terms of Value for Money

19" with Normal 4:3 Aspect (VX922)

or

20.1" widescreen (16:10) (VX2025WM)

It seems like in terms of screen area both are almost same and in fact the VX2025 is lighter of the two in terms of weight, but a good $80 costlier. does it make sense in investing another $80..??

Do widesceen monitors have any special requirements? I will be using a 6800GT Dual DVI (AGP). Do all games support this wide aspect ratio?

lord_nemesis said:
Which would be a better choice in terms of Value for Money

19" with Normal 4:3 Aspect (VX922)
or
20.1" widescreen (16:10) (VX2025WM)

It seems like in terms of screen area both are almost same and in fact the VX2025 is lighter of the two in terms of weight, but a good $80 costlier. does it make sense in investing another $80..??

Do widesceen monitors have any special requirements? I will be using a 6800GT Dual DVI (AGP). Do all games support this wide aspect ratio?
wide is good for movies (in non wide you'll get the black strips top and bottom) talkin DVD's only here...
unfortunately games don't usually support wide screen res, so you will have to play with the configure buttons on your panel while playing...
widescreen in the same size would be worth 80$ more, a decent deal IMO

I normally play my games at 1024x768 or 1280x1024. So if the game doesnt support the wide screen resolution what would happen?

Can i not play the game at all or would it just get stretched up on the screen and look ugly. does these monitors support 1280 x 1024 resolution?

The core Duo iMac that I use at office has a wide sceen aspect ratio. but it still supports 1280 x 1024 resolution. The picure would occupy only 1280 x 1024 pixels on the screen and there would be blank areas on either side of the screen. however it still looks quite good.

Back