Optical audio to analog or new ht

bsd

Disciple
Hi friends i bought LG 42LD460 after waiting and reviewing many suggestions from you guys. the picture quality is good , both in normal cable and cable STB. the LCD has optical audio out but my current Home theater is PHILIPS it doesn't have optical in. so is there any optical to analog converter available can you suggest me any one of that. and also i am thinking of buying a new Home theater, kindly suggest me a HT with optical in with in a price range of 10000rs.

For Audio coming off cable TV, an analog connection is sufficient. For all other sources, connect the source directly to your amplification system.

cranky said:
Please read before posting....
i have alredy connected analog out from stb directly to HT, the problem is while playing movies in LCD through USB , the sound is ok. i want to get the output from LCD . thats why i posted a question here......... so same goes to you

Did you specify that in the first post? We aren't mind readers. You talked about STB and cable audio, for which an analog cable is sufficient.

All the best with your query. I do hope other people answer as I won't. If you give half the information, don't expect a proper answer.

These kinda products are very rare in India, mostly you will have to buy from outside. There are many options available, one that i found is in eBay India but its a US location product again.

cranky said:
Did you specify that in the first post? We aren't mind readers. You talked about STB and cable audio, for which an analog cable is sufficient.

All the best with your query. I do hope other people answer as I won't. If you give half the information, don't expect a proper answer.
Hello there its ok. Why you are answering so strongly man.BE COOL.....

Hi friends i bought LG 42LD460 after waiting and reviewing many suggestions from you guys. the picture quality is good , both in normal cable and cable STB. the LCD has optical audio out but my current Home theater is PHILIPS it doesn't have optical in. so is there any optical to analog converter available can you suggest me any one of that. and also i am thinking of buying a new Home theater, kindly suggest me a HT with optical in with in a price range of 10000rs.

the problem is while playing movies in LCD through USB , the sound is ok. i want to get the output from LCD . thats why i posted a question here......... so same goes to you

First, understand that the purpose of this forum is to help. And to get that, you need to post complete information, and read posts properly. My first post assumed that you are talking about the sound quality from cable and set-top box, as per the OP.

Until post #5, you have not even specified the USB input issue, and therefore the advice given till that point is wrong - because of your posting of incomplete information. Then in that post you come in and post a barb "Same to you".

On any forum, we do not know who you are. It's not a conversation that develops over time, if you are facing an issue you're supposed to post the issue. Saying "Same to you" does not help when you've not even posted your query properly and even if I read your first post a million times I still would not understand what you wanted.

I did read your posts, you did not read mine. That is basic internet courtesy, and I'm afraid that you have flunked. The rules are a little different between a live conversation and an interactive one. This is not a customer support hotline. If I'm taking the time and effort to post just out of initiative, you have to offer the courtesy to read the post properly. If it doesn't answer your question, you're supposed to read your question again and see if you have even specified the problem.

This is basic manners. I didn't see it in your posts, and thus have no interest in answering your questions since you're not even asking the right ones, and when you get an answer you're issuing barbs instead. Being arrogant and churlish to hide your deficiencies and oversights is a mark of cowardice.

Hello there its ok. Why you are answering so strongly man.BE COOL.....

Because you're wasting my time. The above is also a barb - I am cool, but your not reading posts is not a very cool thing to do when people are making an effort for you for zero stakes.

Good Luck.

Ok ,it's becoming like war of words. just let it go,it is just one question with twist if you thought so.

Back