PC Peripherals Optical Mouse - Keeps Moving. Irritating

Hi,

I hve n optical mouse, some Intex model, company, wat evr, don know,

wen i keep my mouse on any surface, it keeps on moving. even wen i move de mouse, it sometimes, moves in a different direction, so dis is very irritating, wen i use softwares which needs precision in de mouse, ne ideas??

I thought it was due to the dirt on table, but i clean it always, n still it keeps movin,.... :huh:

its mostly a driver issue.. same thing used to happen with my MS Wheel Mouse optical.. a driver update solved the issue..

@ Zhop: LMAO.. :rofl:

The same happens with my Logitech and happened with a MS Wheel Mouse Optical that I borrowed from my friend. Very irritating especially when ur playing an FPS and ur trying to sope someone's head off and bam - The screen goes for a spin and u end up lookin' exactly the opposite direction of what ur supposed to - Sucka !!!

kin_of_evil said:
de pointer keeps movin on de screen :D n yea, i'll get another one

I had a prob with my scroll mouse... will be buyin a new one at Ritchie
Any other suggestions for an optical mouse-> Logitech, Microsoft, Intex...

superczar said:
Often in cases like these, Alcohol is the likely culprit

hee hee hee

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
@ Vince, if ur willing to spend abt a grand, get the iBall Laser Precise. Is supposed to be a good one.

simple solution, get a better mouse, coz all this cheap mouse use lousy sensors, MS wheel mouse optical at the very least is what u should be looking at, should be around 800 bux or get the iball laser mouse, though i havent use this mouse personally..

lol, i thought of buying another mouse because of the very same problem i had with my value optical mouse and i started the thread asking suggestion for a new mouse for around Rs. 1000/- but ended up in buying MX518:eek:hyeah:

ya ya. but i don think my mom, wud b ready to giv money for a 800re+ mouse, rite now, so i will hv 2 stick on 2 dis for sometime, n besides, i was actually, ready to buy another mouse, i think aroun 500 bux, we'll c,

^ Another possibility could be your mouse pad. What are you using as the surface?

Faced the same problem with a Logitech value optical mouse when used with a plain wooden table surface, used to be irregular in movement and jumped all over the place. Switched to a velvet surface mouse pad that cost hardly 20 bucks and things improved drastically, havent seen it skip again.

Bottom line - pay attention to the surface you're using ! Optical technology works only by differentiating the texture of the surface its being run over. Use a cloth/textured surface as your mouse pad and get back with your results.

The same problem was there with my first logitech basic optical mouse but a simple hammer mod fixed the problem :eek:hyeah:

hey Kino... how about bringing your mouse over to my house on sunday before the meet and testing it here.

presently i am using the Skoar Magazine as my Mouse pad lol... any good suggestion for getting a nice mouse pad with biting the pocket:)

Back