Audio Optimal setting for Audigy SB Live!

Hi buddies,

I installed Creative SB Audigy Live! soundcard 2 months back in my rig. But since then i wasn't able to get optimal performance from the card. I want to get the optimal setting for sound card. I don't know how to tweak the setting in its software, to get some juice out of it. I use Philips SHP2700 Headphones. I've uploaded the spec sheet link.

Philips SHP 2700 headphones specs

Creative SB Audigy Live! specs

following settings are required to be tweaked:

EAX settings (cmms 3D)
Speaker settings (here 2.1 ch selection is giving better sound than headphone, unable to set Bass Boost properly;"i luv bass" :eek:hyeah: )
My OS is Windows XP PRO Sp3

Also in Diagnostic mode its showing DirectSound3D test to be failed. why is this?

plz help me.
:help:

its entry level soundcard...not much things can be done..get some better opamps , etc changed on your card.

btw...is that you in the avatar? .. :rofl:

I have the same card & get good quality bass what settings are you using, can you post screen shots of the creative audio panel.

Use alt+printscreen to capture just the audio screen shot.

Speaker settings (here 2.1 ch selection is giving better sound than headphone, unable to set Bass Boost properly;"i luv bass" )

For headphone you will get better sound when cmms 3D is OFF that's meant for desktop speakers.

Here are the screen shots:

speakersettings.jpg

bassu.jpg

Please tell wat will be the optimal for my headphone and how to decide the optimal settings.
:construc:

rahulgoel said:
Here are the screen shots:

speakersettings.jpg

bassu.jpg

Please tell wat will be the optimal for my headphone and how to decide the optimal settings.
:construc:

If u like Deep bass, decrease the cutoff to minimum (arnd 20Hz) and increase amplification level to around 60% to 70%..

For sharp base Increase cutoff from default by arnd 20Hz and set aplification to 50%.

Setting the Speaker mode:

Headphone: Will give you more bass and surround

2/2.1 Speakers: Will give you better beat separation, stereo widening and clarity

here are my setting for head phone

Note : enable audio options can be ON or OFF depending upon the sound you are playing, I keep in on but you may need this to be off.

Attachments

• 2009-06-23_135722.jpg
    2009-06-23_135722.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 2009-06-23_135726.jpg
    2009-06-23_135726.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 2009-06-23_135734.jpg
    2009-06-23_135734.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 2009-06-23_135737.jpg
    2009-06-23_135737.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 2009-06-23_135743.jpg
    2009-06-23_135743.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2009-06-23_135753.jpg
    2009-06-23_135753.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 45
sato1986 said:
If u like Deep bass, decrease the cutoff to minimum (arnd 20Hz) and increase amplification level to around 60% to 70%..
For sharp base Increase cutoff from default by arnd 20Hz and set aplification to 50%.

Setting the Speaker mode:
Headphone: Will give you more bass and surround
2/2.1 Speakers: Will give you better beat separation, stereo widening and clarity

thanx a million buddy...thats seems to work for my headphone... :hap2:

ranjan2001 said:
here are my setting for head phone

Note : enable audio options can be ON or OFF depending upon the sound you are playing, I keep in on but you may need this to be off.

thank you ranjan for ur instant support buddy....but i guess ur settings r best for the speakers...while settings suggested by sato suits better to my headphones....

but buddies should i put check on "synchronize with control panel " option...? what does this actually do..?

OT - how much does this creative audigy cost? Would be good enough for C3 or should I look for something better?

m0h1t said:
OT - how much does this creative audigy cost? Would be good enough for C3 or should I look for something better?

Audigy costs 1.5k -1.7k depending upon ur city...
Yup its good enough for C3, no need to look further. :hap2:

rahulgoel said:
thank you ranjan for ur instant support buddy....but i guess ur settings r best for the speakers...while settings suggested by sato suits better to my headphones....

but buddies should i put check on "synchronize with control panel " option...? what does this actually do..?

Glad to help you, hope u now are enjoying the bass!

My setting are good for speaker too may be bcoz i use 4.1 speaker.

sato's setting might work in ur case

happy listening :clap::clap:

Back