Optimus Prime Few Modifications !!56K WARNING

Hey all.. finally got my stuff which i had been waiting since last Week.. I was thinking about upgrading lot of things like cpu , ram , heatsink , soundcard ..but some of the deals never went through.. hence finally decided to upgrade few stuff like sound card and heatsink.. Sound card upgraded from xonar dx as i will be getting A5 Next week hence it would be perfect combo for it as im big movie Freak and Quality i want it for sure !!!Heatsinkk why hm..was bored of thor hammer so decided to get this and this performs really well then thor hammer like 2 -3c low..really good.. The installation is the best i have seen till now very easy and not complicated !!!Really love these 2 upgrade ..looks really cool !!!What next !! i really dont know !!!but it sould be Ram or SSD or MOBO :D But still time :D Got huge beating from my mom and dad .

2cdiucl.jpg

246rn6c.jpg

2uo3vhj.jpg

9itusi.jpg

2vl7asm.jpg

2d1wwwn.jpg

14kw5cm.jpg

3495sht.jpg

34pxsav.jpg

98cxl2.jpg

11jm0so.jpg

iy3qzk.jpg

2h7gh09.jpg

6hjh1i.jpg

BTW the thermal sensor is supposed to be put somewhere between the IHS of the processor and the hsf and I hope you didn't stick the thermal sensor on the graphic card with a cello tape.

Also get some cable ties dude. They cost 30-40 bucks cheap but they do a really good job. A modular psu and a case (a full tower case?) with cable management options but still cable clutter around the psu.

Congrats on the purchase.

hey how do i connect those sensor than !!!on hdd also .. i have fixed them with cell top !!please help :)

The Sorcerer said:
BTW the thermal sensor is supposed to be put somewhere between the IHS of the processor and the hsf and I hope you didn't stick the thermal sensor on the graphic card with a cello tape.
Also get some cable ties dude. They cost 30-40 bucks cheap but they do a really good job. A modular psu and a case (a full tower case?) with cable management options but still cable clutter around the psu.
Congrats on the purchase.

anks22402 said:
i have fixed them with cell top

You get something called thermal tapes. But then again, I don't know much about it nor I can guide you on proper installation steps.

To tell the truth even if you do put the thermal diode between the IHS and the heatsink, its useless to consider the temps as actual temps since that is where the heat gets dissipated, so its obvious that is where its going to real hot. The internal thermal diode is soldered within the processor itself (I think on the core but I am not too sure about the specifics) and that is considered as the actual temp.

To tell the truth, in a world where motherboards, processors, graphics card and hard drives come with DTS for a really long time, why does one need these? You get software and widgets to check temps on a regular basis.

Back