Ordering from Newegg

Vulc4n

Adept
Was planning to order from newegg for delivery to a friend in US who will get the stuff over next month. However, it seems newegg requires a US credit card to pay and delivers only to confirmed addresses if paying through paypal (which means a US credit card again).

Can someone confirm or refute this? Has anyone paid on newegg using an Indian credit card linked to a paypal account?

If not can any of the dealers here help me make a payment (just a payment, they wouldnt have to ship stuff over)

Swift help would be much appreciated, there's a deal I am eyeing which expires today :(

Thanks in advance.

Yup, that's correct. You either need a US credit card or a Paypal account with a confirmed US address.

I have a US credit card which works on most sites but not on NewEgg because it needs you to have the card linked to a valid US address as well.

^^I also wanted to do something like this and order something from Newegg and get it delivered to a friend who is coming to India in Jan. I have an Indian credit too.

Another option is to ask somebody like KMD if he can order it for us and then get it shipped to our friends' addresses.

Managed to get hold of a friend in US with a credit card. But apparently the billing and shipping addresses need to be same. So you cant get someone to pay and ship to someone else.

Got a mail from newegg stating that the shipping address should be on file with the CC company as well. Darn, this is turning out to be harder than I thought.

Will keep you guys updated.

keep it up boss....USA is waste for such matters. why the hell they require such process i dont know. i had to drop off my purchase on newegg despite being in USA. i have USD card gave by my company works everywhere in US but not on newegg. :mad:

Yeah. Had to cancel my order inspite of my fren with the CC calling up newegg to try and get the transaction through.

Oh well, back to amazon and a lesson learnt.

^^ BTW how does one confirm an address on paypal? From what I read, one can confirm by phone wherein the listed number gets an automated call and one has to enter the pin received over phone. Or can only billing address on the CC linked to the paypal account be confirmed.

Back