Orkut Acc hijacked!!

SharekhaN

Skilled
Hi friends,

there was a post in my scrapbook about themes and i carelessly used that javascript. my orkut acc was added with some 32 IPL communities , it wouldnt let me unjoin that community , wouldnt let me report the community.

i just deleted my account hoping it hasnt spread from my account's scrapbooks to the other ontacts...

can someone confirm if anyother part of my pc is at risk...

Out of curiosity why themes !!!!

Isnt it obvious, themes, icons, wallapapers, screensavers any links re-directing to such shit is gonna be shit-wares

themes for orkut were released just two days ago...

i thought there was a way to use user images as the theme background

even the url is misleading with some part of it pointing at google images..

thats what had me... i just wanted to see how did they look... curiosity killed the cat..

I did try out but not from my own scrapbook.. from someone's elses.. everything seems fine in my account.. Anything else changes except the communities part??

There are too many harmful scripts circulated in Orkut. Clicking those will end up in trouble. Be careful not to click any such hyperlinks, even if received from your own friends.

kauzy said:
Orkut sucks... period :p

btw just delete ur account n create a new one...

come on man it is usually the mistake of users clicking on links , installing scripts etc.

how can that be orkut's mistake.

ps: recently seen some themes of my buddies, very SLICK.:cool:

well orkut itself suxx when comes for the newly installed boring applications.....I use it for photo sharing and scrapping......apart from that all those shty web apps are a waste of time......also the spam content in orkut is more....man it creates too many problems

main_trouble said:
come on man it is usually the mistake of users clicking on links , installing scripts etc.

how can that be orkut's mistake.

ps: recently seen some themes of my buddies, very SLICK.:cool:

+1. So long as you take care and NOT clikcon those useless spam scraps etc ur fine ;)

Same rule of thumb as mails ppl, dont open an attachment without knowing wat it is first :p even if a friend sent it :)

Generally, these scraps tend to be sounding too good to be true. I saw the scrap you mentioned, I got it from you :bleh: But, I just delete all such crap. The best way to get these themes if you want is from the top nav bar. Theres a button next to your email id towards the top right of the page.

Also, even if you have those orkut community links in your scrapbook or album pix, its too good to be true. Well, a lesson hard learnt by many but I guess, you shall be a bit more careful from now on. Its hard to spot these spam messages if you know exactly what to look for. Anyway, deleting your account may have temporarily served the purpose. Theres a virus/worm/trojan too that sometimes gets downloaded. Do a complete system scan in my opinion.

Also, u dont need to really delete your account. Most of these worms just use ur account to mass mail themselves all over the place and try a malware download as mentioned above. Just change your password and a good scan of your system and you are fine :)

Back