[OT] What to do reg. High Courier Charges.

Hello all... Guys.. Other members pay Rs. 90-100 shipping charges for all kind of things like pen drive, ipod, data cards, HDDs, Mobos. But, whenever I go to the courier wallah, first he asks what is inside, for e.g i tell its an ipod or say its a data card, worth Rs. xxxx, he demands anything b/w 400-600 rs. and says it'll be with insurance and he won't accept it without insurance. How do you do it? How to avoid such high charges?

to hell with ur courier wallah......
no matter the cost of the item, there is always a fixed price for shipping specific weights......and insurance never costs a heavy amount...........Unless u are shipping gold or sumthing......
THis is why i choose DTDC...........
By the way, which courier company is this???

Just tell them it is an ipod worth rs. xxx only. Then they'll charge u very less amount. :D

BTW not a right section to start the thread. I hope mods will move it to the right section. :D

well dtdc guys ask for the challan or bill but the charges remain the same.they say that for anything upwards of 10000 they will have to insure it. so the solution they told me is that you give in writing that the product is worth rs9xxx. also insurance is at 4% of the value one declares, so yeah for value declaration of above 10k you might have to pay 400 bucks

First of all, say its a used product and its a gift to your friend

inform them its value is 1 or 2K

and pack it really well

I sent Nano through professional couriers at 50

Back