Car & Bike P220: Where in Mumbai ??

rajshah

Skilled
I stay at sion... work at dadar !
Where's the closest I can go check out the Pulsar 220 ??

Also.. any idea about the wait period once i book it ??

And ya.. wat do u guy's have to say about the P220 ??

Tht its oil cooler is buggy...:p Plus it doesnt have a kick start installed...so incase ur battery runs out/dies for some reason and u r in the middle of nowhere..then pray for the gods..:p And knowing bajaj and the way they manage their quality control, expect tht to happen sooner than later...:p

Only way out then is to push the bike and start it by putting it in a gear like u do with those old bikes..:p

Better get the P200 or the P180...they are amply powerful as well... and they will give u much better mileage even if tht doesnt matter to you..do it for the environment's and the depleting oil reserve's sake..:p And yeah, thankfully, they are not fully automatic and have a kick start for those unfortunate days..;)

^:bleh: :bleh: Check around the orkut pulsar communities with the ppl who have faced problem with the oil cooler and the lack of the kick start...its always nice to do some research before you spend so much money on a bike...;) Better be safe than sorry... Thts all i am saying...if possible, talk with ppl who have bought the bike and ask them about any issues they may have faced...and the workarounds... the more u are loaded with information before you buy the better..;) IMHO, making hasty decisions when it comes to automobiles especially which are new in the market is a mistake..Gather information first, then make your move based on ur judgements..:)

The P220 is available at the Vashi Pro Biking showroom.... the bike has had its share of troubles...but i am sure Bajaj are working on the rectifying those problems...

If you want a trouble free bike you can always get the ZMA R :D :D

btw, abt the kick start, i have bajaj Avenger since march 06, so far used the kick start 2wice only :p.

^^ and i even heard from a friend that the Pulsar 220 is gonna be dicontinued soon ..infact theyve stopped the production due to a lot of problems faced by customers and gonna relaunch the 220 with some changes in it

i am not sure though it may even be a rumor..

anyways lookswise both the P 200 and P220 look damn kewl..you can go for the 200 if you really dont neeed that extra 20cc..but yeah the 220 looks totally different..but i find it like a copy of suzuki

(ali's yellow bike in dhoom)

Private Ryan said:
^Atleast you have an option to kick start...:p think of those 2 occasions if there was no kick start? :p

i just used them for a kicks :rofl:, ES never failed me so far ;)

Saiyan said:

pray to god that ur battery doesnt go flat, else even kick start wont work :p

though not sure if its the same with the DTSi engine in ur bike :p

Saiyan said:

^Well, my point was not tht...:p ur bike is just 1.5 yr. old...and ES does fail sometime, especially on those really cold mornings and during rainy season..n its not only about Bajaj bikes..the problem cud happen to any and all ES bikes..in tht case, having a kick start is a must...a lot of things cud go wrong, loose connection due to moisture accumulation, battery not properly charged etc. Its during those times a kick start comes into use...completely doing away with the Kick is something tht is not right..

they argue in their FAQ page tht the provision of kick is a hindrance for a sporty riding position as the footpegs are much backwards than a normal bike and it obstructs the kick... well, those who have had the old CBZ know about the workaround..just fold the footpeg and kick..it feels a bit awkward in the starting but u get used to the procedure soon...and we know, the CBZ was such a big success..the folding footpeg didnt matter...the same cud have been done by Bajaj with the P220...neways, when there is the ES, no one wud use the kick..but when the ES doesnt work for some reason, i dont think ppl will mind folding the footpeg to kick start when its a 'once in a blue moon' scenario...:p So completely doing away with the kick is imo, bad engineering...;)

I do know tht...i've been reading auto mags since my school days.but india is yet not the country known for their indigenously built FI bikes...when u are still experimenting with the technology in ur first bike, why leave any options for more troubles. Check around the indian auto mag sites as well as auto community forums...the P220 has had numerous complaints with the oil cooling technology used, the FI system, as well as the absense of the KS..

I'm a member of an orkut Pulsar community and the guys who have bought the P220 have had the same issues. Plus there are many who've had their P220's front suspensions bottoming out and getting damaged under the force of the disc brakes as the front end is very heavy...

Bajaj has called up a lot of bikes to rectify these issues. And they are coming up with a revised version because of all these problems.

So there is a lot of difference when u are looking at established brands around the world who have been making these bikes for long and an indian bike maker who is yet experimenting with the technology and hasnt got it completely right with their first FI model...

Thanks for all ur inputs guys !!

@Private Ryan: I am very well aware of all the problems that plague the P220.

I am a member of xbhp.. and a couple of other not so famous online biking forums.. Don't worry bro.. M not gonna make a rash decision and jump in for the bike !

I just want to get a feel of it.. test ride it !! :)

Currently thinking of the following 3 models -

Apache RTR 160

Karizma R

P220

I want a bike that would be a lil distinct... not the everyone has it kinds !!

@faheem: P220 - Production Stop ?? No way.. just can't be. But they are taking lotsa feedback from the initial batches.. and working on them.. most of the issues have already been sorted out in the new lots !

The no KS issue is a bother.. but dnt really know wat to do abt it ??

All other comments welcome guys.. carry on and give me ur inputs and choices !

rajshah said:
Thanks for all ur inputs guys !!

@Private Ryan: I am very well aware of all the problems that plague the P220.
I am a member of xbhp.. and a couple of other not so famous online biking forums.. Don't worry bro.. M not gonna make a rash decision and jump in for the bike !
I just want to get a feel of it.. test ride it !! :)

Currently thinking of the following 3 models -

Apache RTR 160
Karizma R
P220

I want a bike that would be a lil distinct... not the everyone has it kinds !!

@faheem: P220 - Production Stop ?? No way.. just can't be. But they are taking lotsa feedback from the initial batches.. and working on them.. most of the issues have already been sorted out in the new lots !

The no KS issue is a bother.. but dnt really know wat to do abt it ??

All other comments welcome guys.. carry on and give me ur inputs and choices !

Those 3 bikes are very different from each other.

RTR 160 is the best in it's category. But if you plan on using the bike on the road 99% of the time(which you will), you'll be better off with a P150 because the ride is so much smoother on our Moon like roads.

Same goes for all Pulsars. They dont handle as well as some of the other bikes on the track, but where it matters (on the road), they are unbeatable.

I strongly advise against the Karizma R.

1). I have a personal vendetta against Hero Honda and will try my best to dissuade people from buying a HH.
2). It is not value for money. While Pulsar 150 and apache RTR offer Digital instrumentation, this vehicle which is supposed to the top of the line Hero Honda doesnt offer as much as the lower end bikes.
3). It is outdated and something new will be released very soon. Of course, given Hero Honda's idiocy, it will probably be a slightly more colourful version of some other old bike. Idiots.

Well I'd suggest the Karizma. Tried and tested, almost bulletproof. Except for the stupid cam chain tensioner which keeps breaking down frequently.

RTR, short stroke. needs to rev a LOT even to do 80KMPH on top gear. More revs = less engine life. Same prob i had with my CBZ. short stroke engine just wont cut it for 4 strokes. Indian ones i mean.

P220, lotsa probs. If i'd want one, wait for a year and then get one.

Those 3 bikes are very different from each other.

RTR 160 is the best in it's category. But if you plan on using the bike on the road 99% of the time(which you will), you'll be better off with a P150 because the ride is so much smoother on our Moon like roads.

Same goes for all Pulsars. They dont handle as well as some of the other bikes on the track, but where it matters (on the road), they are unbeatable.

I strongly advise against the Karizma R.

1). I have a personal vendetta against Hero Honda and will try my best to dissuade people from buying a HH.
2). It is not value for money. While Pulsar 150 and apache RTR offer Digital instrumentation, this vehicle which is supposed to the top of the line Hero Honda doesnt offer as much as the lower end bikes.
3). It is outdated and something new will be released very soon. Of course, given Hero Honda's idiocy, it will probably be a slightly more colourful version of some other old bike. Idiots.

i'd say stay away from the pulsars....their build quality is nowhere as good as HH....Bajaj bikes arent very reliable either you'll find Bajaj bikes breakdown more often than HH bikes...So Bajaj bike is definately a no for long term.

As for the value for money...the digital instruments and all r very good but thats just novelty value. So its a personal opinion if you want flashy stuff or good build quaility.

The ZMA R maybe old but it is still good enuf and you dont have wait forever to get it. Also except the chain tensioner issue there are no other major problems with the bike.

Also the Pulsars' have the gas shocks are the rear but during extended running i havent noticed any major benefits...i am sayin this coz i was pillion on P150 yesterday for abt 75kms...it was a short trip in n around Mumbai...
One more thing the seat on the P150 is horrible its too narrow esp for the pillion.

If you want something for mileage get the Unicorn or CBZ-X ....if you want performance get the ZMA R (its will give u abt 35kmpl in the city)

i removed kick starter with various other stupid things, the day i got my bike ...... 4-5kgs of weight reduction can do wonder in bikes :D :D

its a other story that i keep on putting weight :(

Back