P990i / E61/ E65 clarification

s_balaji

Disciple
How do I print directly to a bluetooth printer using P990i? (pls explain process)

If I have a scanner, how so I store the scanned file directly to my smartphone (using bluetooth) without a PC? (process pls)

How can I print photos directly to printer using Nokia E61/ E65?

Rgds :S

Thanks Justin.....more qs

Which HP or other printers are supported? Can I print any type of file (document, photo, etc..) as I need to buy a compatible printer then...

I would like to have Pictbridge in my next printer, for printing photos directly from phone/ digital camera

What about Canon Pixma MP180 or 510? Are they compatible for all types of files, with E65?

Most thankful whoever answers...

Rgds :S

You are welcome bro.

Here are answers to your other questions...

Yes, you can print anything provided the software supports it.

PictBridge (PB) is a Camera to Printer technology which works on USB. For PB to work, the camera needs to support USB server protocol, which is not possible on a symbian phone yet, as the phone works only as a client.

Canon Pixma MP180 does support PictBridge, but it wont support printing from your E series phone.

MP510/MP600/MP960 all do not natively support printing from your E series phone, but you will need a seperate bluetooth dongle which can enable them do so. I think you go for HP printers which support bluetooth because symbian printing support is actually made possible by a alliance of Nokia and HP. Any symbian phone can print on a printer which supports Basic Printing Profile (BPP). Almost all new models in HP Photosmart series support it. But for them also you need a seperate Bluetooth dongle.

Thanks a lot Justin...

I may now have to go for HP Photosmart A510/ 520 (having Pict bridge + Bluetooth option) , etc. but I would still love the convenience of an All-in-one..

Which one would you suggest me to go for? An All-in one without Pictbridge or a wireless capable printer?

Is there come other option also?

Rgds

:S

Back