PAN Card for a Green Card Holder

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Guys....

One of my friends wants to get a PAN Card made. He has an Indian PP, but got a GC some months back. He visits India on and off every 2 years. Is there any site he can do this from, sitting in the States, which facilitates such processes for NRIs. He does not want to do it from here, due to the administrative bottle necks and him not having relevant documents pertinent to India, since he has not lived here almost past 15 years.

Thanks...! :)

I am not 100% sure about this but i would ask him to contact any local Indian tax filer. May be try with mytaxfiler.
I have absolutely no idea if they do all this but no harm in asking once.

Getting a PAN card is pretty easy. At least that has been my experience each time I did. You (or one of his friends) can take a photo and any address proof document (LIC policy would do too) and submit it at any of the many PAN card form collection centers like Bajaj Capital for instance, and the card gets delivered at the address mentioned on the form. He doesn't need to be present in person.

Yep, here is the link -- https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/

I got mine the same way, filled up the online application form, made the payment using a CC and sent the docs by post. Got the PAN card a week or two later.

Just was reading the DO's and DONT's....see below:

Do provide details of Representative Assessee in column 14 of application form, if applicant is Minor, Idiot, Lunatic or Deceased

Amazing...!

Back