Camera Panasonic DMC LZ10 lumix Digital camera -anyone using this ?

Well i have a LZ8 and its not good in low light. I dont know much about photography so i didnt try manual settings but in auto mode i found low light performance poor. I dont think the LZ10 will be much different.

And size wise the panasonic is not bulky as such but its not quite compact either. The canon is smaller

Just got it...looks a bit flimsy to me after using a metal bodied camera, but seems to do a good job...will take some more pics and figure this out soon.

Can anyone answer following queries about lz10?

1) Hows the picture quality in dim light i.e. night mode?

2) Hows the overall video quality? Is it really 30 fps or video is still laggy/jerky ?

3) How is the video quality in dim light i.e. night mode? Can flash be used while making the video?

4) How is the volume and sound quality of the video? Zoom can be used? If yes no sound while zooming problem still persists (like all other digi cams) ?

I am looking to buy a good digi cam that can also make atleast average quality videos both in sunlight and dark. Is the lz10 the best bet in 6k range?

@rk_bakshi - did you bring from ebay. actually the price there is 8.2 k with bill
and 6.8 k will warranty.
why so much difference with bill?
does 6.8k do not have warranty? but they mentioned so?

rk_bakshi said:
Hi

Purchased my LZ10 few days back with all accessories and Panasonic 3 yr warranty @6950 :) Taken many pics and HD videos are fantastic. Must say amazing digicam, highly adv tech, terrific vfm.

Thanks to all, and esp to vijayshimla, vishnuhost... :hap2:

did you buy from ebay? the price there is 8.2k but

Yeah go for it. I just bought it from eBay at 5899 (20% off). It's totally VFM product & unbeatable in that category also. The only PITA is its flash recycle time. It is way too slow, takes at least 1-2 secs gosh.. :(

So many people got it but still no replies regarding this.

Can anyone answer following queries about lz10?

1) Hows the picture quality in dim light i.e. night mode?

2) Hows the overall video quality? Is it really 30 fps or video is still laggy/jerky ?

3) How is the video quality in dim light i.e. night mode? Can flash be used while making the video?

4) How is the volume and sound quality of the video? Zoom can be used? If yes no sound while zooming problem still persists (like all other digi cams) ?

Please someone reply

Ok to answer some of the queries abt pricing, the digicam was avlbl at 4 shops in Palika bazar, ND. After bargaining and quoting ebay price which was arnd 6.5k, I got my LZ10 at 6950/-. Opened the cam took pics vids on the shop & the owner:cool2: Got 3-year panasonic warranty card hologram & bill. Completely satisfied. Awesome digicam at such price. Now ebay price is much lower, under 6k. But not sure what I'll get from ebay. So I like making purchases in real!:)

@Arjun123 - Sorry pal, here goes the replies:

1) In dim/night mode, I took just few pics. As exposure times are long, so hold your breath & cam steady to avoid possible blurs. pics came out nice. Better to use tripod!

2) Video quality - Awesome, unbelievable. Not just VGA mode but at near HD quality (848x480) at @30fps, no lag or jerks. It is super smooth!

3) Flash can't be used while making videos. Made vids under flourescent light i.e. inside home, came out great. But day time & outdoor vids are just fabs.

4) Sound recorded is mono but quality is pretty decent. No zoom allowed during videos. Just focus and start shooting - go near or move out of objects as appropriate.

Best Digicam under 6k - without any doubt:hap2:

Back