Panasonic launches P51 in India With 5 inch HD display, quad-core CPU for Rs 26,900

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Panasonic has entered the smartphone market in India with its first smartphone , P51. The P51 features a quad-core processor, 5 inch HD display and runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.

The Panasonic P51 is a dual-SIM enabled smartphone, powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Mediatek MT6589 chipset , 1GB of RAM and 4GB internal storage with microSD card slot. The display has scratch resistant Asahi Dragon trail glass on top with 5 inch IPS display with 1280x720 resolution.

Other specs include 8MP rear camera with AF and 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front camera and 2500mAh battery. It comes bundled with magnetic flip cover and a stylus. The phone is just 8.5mm thick and weights 135gm.

The Panasonic P51 is priced at Rs 26,900 in India, which seems too much for the specs it offers.

Via

Specification looks almost like Micromax HD 116. The price difference of 12K, just for brand value does not make sense. As they are just entering into the market, a 3K premium over micromax would have been the right marketing strategy.

As they are just entering into the market

If you mean mobile market then its not their first time. They manufactured some mobiles years ago but stopped. But yes this is their first entry into the Android market. I think. If they continue to make poor phones then they'll soon quit, again.
But the pricing is ridiculous. I wouldn't buy it even if it costs 5k-6k cheaper.
Considering the parts they used its an epic fail phone in its price range.[DOUBLEPOST=1368776114][/DOUBLEPOST]Panasonic India's reply to one of my comment/tweet:
"Appreciate your feedback. However, we urge you to plz check the product and than decide. We hope that you will like the phone."
I lol'd. The account handler even mis-spelt "then". ^_^

Back