Video Panasonic Veira 42" Plasma to PC queries.

ashr

Skilled
My dad just walked in today with this TV. i tried connecting my laptop to it and it kinda worked but i've got a few things to figure out.

first off, when trying to play certain videos, i only get vertical scanlines instead of picture. this only happens with a few videos that i've downloaded and i'm not sure why. secondly, i'm trying to play 720p video which is 16:9. however, i still get letterboxes on the TV although i set the aspect ratio to 16:9 as well. any ideas on how to get rid of em?

i'm connecting VGA to VGA and running dual monitor off nvidia control panel in clone mode if that matters.

I bet you are using Windows Media player to play the files. In anyways, whatever the player might be, you have to set the aspect ratio of 16:9 on the player in order to get the complete output.

What graphic card are you using, is it 720 p complaint?

you lose the bet :p it's media player classic with Keep Aspect Ratio enabled so it takes the default aspect ratio of my files itself which are of course 16:9 (1280x720)

i don't know what you mean by 720p compliant but i can play those files fine on my laptop. it's a gf 7400gs go.

the letterbox issue pops up when your laptop screen and tv monitor are running in clone mode.

Configure your displays individually. Put your plasma at its native resolution.

Drag the video on the plasma and maximize it there. You should get proper output now.

Back