Panasonic Viera TH-P42V20D - Good Buy ?

cyber_sam

Disciple
please suggest me is this a good buy? i m getting it for 64900 from panasonic, also please let me know its pros and cons, and frnds if u have some better opinion please share, i don't want to regret after investing my salary for 2 months, waiting for experts comments...
thanks

Re: Panasonic viera th 40v20d plasma

isnt this a very old model? anyways mate it would be better if you give a few details like what will be the main use of the screen,viewing distance,budget etc

cyber_sam said:
please suggest me is this a good buy? i m getting it for 64900 from panasonic, also please let me know its pros and cons, and frnds if u have some better opinion please share, i don't want to regret after investing my salary for 2 months, waiting for experts comments...

thanks
Go for it. Best plasma in that price range.

Only 1 comment. The price is a bit on the high side. I got the same plasma for 59.5K on 5th of this month within Bangalore city limits. So I am assuming this can be bought anywhere between 56-58k in smaller cities and showrooms.

Its best viewed under dark conditions. Colors are not bright like LCD or LED. Adjustments needed to get best picture. High motion scenes with tearing if Vsync disabled. So there are definitely dropped frames when playing with vsync enabled.

The screen does get very hot. Power consumption is nearly 300W. If you maintain a good viewing distance the grains on the picture won't be visible so be sure if it's suitable for the room you're going to watch in. Ample inputs. Firmware upgradeable through net. Overall very satisfied with this product.

Lovely TV for movies!!! Best I have seen under 1 Lac, I have been using it ever since its launch, the only issue I have with it is the amount of heat it generates, but I also sit like 3 feet away from it.....YEs I have sore eyes!!!

High motion scenes with tearing if Vsync disabled.

I never faced this issue, I run all my games with vSync Disabled???:huh:

I meant playing movies. Using ATI Catalyst drivers and MPC with Haali media splitter as suggested by TechHead elsewhere.

I've tried using 1080i and 1080p with vsync disabled. Tearing is visible in both modes. Haven't tried playing games yet.

Infected said:
Lovely TV for movies!!! Best I have seen under 1 Lac, I have been using it ever since its launch, the only issue I have with it is the amount of heat it generates, but I also sit like 3 feet away from it.....YEs I have sore eyes!!!

I never faced this issue, I run all my games with vSync Disabled???:huh:

Back