Android Pantech Burst Screen Dead, next steps?

sonofpoi

Disciple
Guys, my Pantech Burst got dropped in bucket full of water and rested there for about an hour. So obviously, some after effects were supposed to happen.

The phone boots, i can hear the sound, but the screen is completely dead. I can see the capacitive buttons glowing. I took it to local shop to get it repaired, after one day got the info that the screen is dead due to short circuit. Also, took it to gaffar market in delhi but nobody is interested in looking into it.

Now looking for options, i like this phone, so if i can get the screen repaired that would be great. Need some guidance on how to get it done.

Or, what are the possibilities of selling this dead screen piece and in how much?

Guys, my Pantech Burst got dropped in bucket full of water and rested there for about an hour. So obviously, some after effects were supposed to happen.

The phone boots, i can hear the sound, but the screen is completely dead. I can see the capacitive buttons glowing. I took it to local shop to get it repaired, after one day got the info that the screen is dead due to short circuit. Also, took it to gaffar market in delhi but nobody is interested in looking into it.

Now looking for options, i like this phone, so if i can get the screen repaired that would be great. Need some guidance on how to get it done.

Or, what are the possibilities of selling this dead screen piece and in how much?

No chance of getting much for it since there is no way of any display out nor there is USB-OTG. What you could try is a transplant with another screen and see if it works - but more like a MiFi router.

Best bet is, get another bricked phone from TE member and replace the display. There are quite a few with dead burst on forum check other thread asking for help about bricked burst.

Screen costs around 2K say . Till now you know only screen is faulty but might be mic/speaker /wifi and other things are also not working . Better utilize your phone and you have a 8K worth paper weight :D Gafar market guys said no than theres no bright hope to get it done in delhi :(

Back