Paypal/SBI Credit card for International payments ?

cloudval

Disciple
hi, i have recently started looking at Bestbuy/Amazon.com for GPU purchase.

I heard somewhere Paypal charges 2.5% of transaction value. Anyway, i have HDFC bank near me too. But getting a credit card & with GPUs costing upwards of 1200$ for 3080 & 1800$ for 3090, i am not sure they will allow that high of a limit for new card.

I could enable International payment for SBI Debit card, but using Debit card is not suggested by few. Kindly suggest me payment method for payment at International sites.

Have you included custom duties with the price? In case of Amazon, you probably don't need to worry. But make sure with other sites.
I needed to ship a used headphones to India, asked DHL and they quoted me 110 EUR!! And they were not sure of custom duties. Things are pretty messed up right now.

Have you included custom duties with the price? In case of Amazon, you probably don't need to worry. But make sure with other sites.
I needed to ship a used headphones to India, asked DHL and they quoted me 110 EUR!! And they were not sure of custom duties. Things are pretty messed up right now.
about that - have a look at this thread.
I just want to know the less hassle one, so that transaction goes through & order doesnt get cancelled.

Hey...I was planning to get a GPU imported through Rahul as well. But Stocks don't last any more than couple minutes on Bestbuy. I haven't tried Amazon yet but I think it's the same case (Also no FEs so prices are higher). I think you need to subscribe to some discord servers or hotstock.io to get notified when the cards are in stock. Even then it's a bit of a gamble.

If you have any relatives in the US, you can send them money via Transferwise (very low fees; min transfer is INR 20,000 last time I checked) and have them purchase it for you. Then you can use a re-shipper or Rahul's service.

Rahul can also buy the product for you and you can pay him using UPI transfer but again stocks are the problem. Waiting for another user to respond, login and enter payment details is not a viable option for GPUs at the moment.

If you have any relatives in the US, you can send them money via Transferwise (very low fees; min transfer is INR 20,000 last time I checked) and have them purchase it for you. Then you can use a re-shipper or Rahul's service.
wish i was that lucky. so, i can only use Rahul's service.

hi, i have recently started looking at Bestbuy/Amazon.com for GPU purchase.

I heard somewhere Paypal charges 2.5% of transaction value. Anyway, i have HDFC bank near me too. But getting a credit card & with GPUs costing upwards of 1200$ for 3080 & 1800$ for 3090, i am not sure they will allow that high of a limit for new card.

I could enable International payment for SBI Debit card, but using Debit card is not suggested by few. Kindly suggest me payment method for payment at International sites.
If you do not have enough credit limit on your card, you make advance payments into your credit card, call customer care and do needful.

Example: if you have total limit of 100 US$ on your card and want to make a purchase of 200 us$.
Deposit additional 110 US$ to your credit card account and do the purchase..
Make sure to keep 10$ additional in case there are some service/transaction charges.

If I am not wrong ( as i Have not tried) but you can make virtual credit cards or debit cards for that matter via your sbi credit card app /debit card aka savings bank app..
That virtual card can be used I belive for international purchases, once used this can be disabled via the app

If I am not wrong ( as i Have not tried) but you can make virtual credit cards or debit cards for that matter via your sbi credit card app /debit card aka savings bank app..
That virtual card can be used I belive for international purchases, once used this can be disabled via the app

SBI removed this facility some two/three years back.
It was available with SBI netbanking (for savings account holders).
And SBI virtual cards are not valid for international txns.

Only Kotak and HDFC virtual cards work for international transactions.

SBI removed this facility some two/three years back.
It was available with SBI netbanking (for savings account holders).
And SBI virtual cards are not valid for international txns.

Only Kotak and HDFC virtual cards work for international transactions.
Well i have never used any virtual cards but I am sure all the service providers must be having this option.
BTW all credit cards can be used for international transactions, if not enabled one can enable that while their app.

The option is there with both my axis card as well as ICICI card

Back