PC Boots, No Beep!

Synth-Pop

Adept
Hello,

I just realised a couple of days back there's no Beep sound while boot.
I can see all red white green led's boot sequence goes fine.
Clears Post boots normally everything works as expected it's just the normal 1 beep while boot is missing.
Don't know what happened.
What I've tried -

1. Changed in Bios - Fast boot enabled to disabled.
2. reset bios settings to default.
3. An update for bios was available so I updated to the latest.
4. Tried removing and swapping the rams in different slots
5. removed all sata drives and addon cards like Sound card and wifi card.
6. checked all the power connectors , all looks perfect no loose connections.
7. purchased and replaced the onboard tiny speaker.

lastly I removed everything, tried running minimal config Mobo + Cpu + Graphics card+ ram + nvme ssd.

don't know what to do now, though everything works fine.
I don't have any other MObo or PSU to check.
this is my config Ryzen 1600 + asus B350-f strix + hyperx 2400mhz 8GBx2 + 1050ti
Motherboard and CPU warranty expired 2 months back.
Psu is Corsair Rm650X in warranty.

please suggest something, so I can troubleshoot further.

Thanks

Your cabinet or mobo speaker have gone bad.
But why even worry about the beeps? In todays world bios doesn't depend on beeps nor does it sound any but the mobo leds are used for any troubleshooting.
Sometime bios has the option to turn off the beep check that setting if its present.

I tried it, even tried with a new speaker.

Sometimes new bios updates lose some features that are obsolete.
I will suggest you to go through the motherboard manufacturers site and look for bios versions along with the log of new changes.
If all else fails, flash the oldest version that supports your cpu and ram and see if you get the beep on boot.
PS - very simple but important while plugging in the speaker on the motherboard header check the orientation of the cable, there are times users have flipped it which has caused the speaker to not work.

downgraded the BIOS to 3-4 verisons down , nothing happened.
System works just fine can't find a issue, wondering if there's any software available to check motherboard and CPU or may be PSU ?

downgraded the BIOS to 3-4 verisons down , nothing happened.
System works just fine can't find a issue, wondering if there's any software available to check motherboard and CPU or may be PSU ?

Hi,
Would you mind sharing couple of pictures of the speaker with connector alone and installed on the motherboard header?

P_20200920_150801.jpg

Tried flipping it too and replacing with a new one from amazon, nothing worked.

yes as per manual I tried flipping it but nothing happened.
don't have any other desktop or motherboard to check speaker so I tried replacing the speaker but still an issue.
wonder what's the probability the second speaker may also be faulty :angelic:
should I buy a new speaker once more to try ?

yes as per manual I tried flipping it but nothing happened.
don't have any other desktop or motherboard to check speaker so I tried replacing the speaker but still an issue.
wonder what's the probability the second speaker may also be faulty :angelic:
should I buy a new speaker once more to try ?

If you have time and money to spare then why not?
But may I ask what is bothering you if the system is not beeping on boot?
Personally, I have never ever used speaker on my motherboard.

Thats what I already told him why bothered.
But on very rare occasions it might happen that his front header speaker pins can conk off as well which can spread the issue slowly to other parts of the mobo. I faced similar issue on one of my Asus premium mobos in those golden era of AMD Athlon when my LAN port one fine day started to only send signals but not receive signal/packets and within 6 months the onboard sound refused to work and then couple more problems... and finally decided to dump the entire setup and build a new rig as time had came.

If he can source another speaker or try existing speaker on other mobo, there is very less we could actually arrive at a definite conclusion...

I am no longer a perfectionist, but still it's a bug. I need to find out which item is faulty as I'll be selling this Mobo and CPU.
ordered a couple of more speakers, I hope it works. :smiley:

I am no longer a perfectionist, but still it's a bug. I need to find out which item is faulty as I'll be selling this Mobo and CPU.
ordered a couple of more speakers, I hope it works. :smiley:

If it still doesn't, better RMA it if it's still under warranty.
You paid for the product as well as after sales too.
You have tried enough, now let them figure out the issue.

Warranty expired 2 months back. Already planned for a new build after a month or so, that time I'll definitely reach a conclusion what's happening.
thanks for helping me troubleshoot, I'll update if I notice anything new or any progress.
Have a nice Day!

Back