PC Build 30-35k without graphics card

rdmkat

Disciple
Dear All,

I will require one generic suggestion as well.. Is this a good time to buy PC or should I wait for 1 more month. I cant wait for more time. Will prices reduce within 1 month?

I have filled the standard questionnaire. Looking forward to your recommendations
  • Q: What is your budget?
    • 30K can extend to 35k. Not planning to buy graphics card now..reserved for later upgrade.
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard -
    • No computer
    • external HDD - 500 GB
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard -
    • external HDD - 500 GB
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i3 or i5 (need suggestions)
    • Motherboard - Need suggestions. I need USB 3.0
    • GPU - not planning now. However pl suggest case + PSU provisioning for a future GPU upgrade.
    • Case - should i choose a case with USB 3.0? can I choose any case and then later add a USB ports?
    • internal HDD - considering the high HDD prices, i will stick with 250 G/ 500 G for now. Lateron, I can add more HDDs.. so provision mobo and PSU for 2-3 HDD
    • PSU - need a good PSU which can accomodate 2-3 HDD, I GPU + suggested config
    • UPS - i need 10-15 min backup
    • DVD-RW -- standard 22x should be fine
    • RAM - i guess 4 GB should be fine
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • GPU - will upgrade in 6 months.. budget will be 10k at that time
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase/ TE dealer.. however prefer local
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming - noob here. I guess, my kids will play shooting, racing games
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing - j2EE development environment (Eclipse based)
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Movie editing in terms of homeshot videos to DVD conversion
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Please suggest products with good a.s.s. reputation
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Dont know. Pl suggest appropriate to stick within my budget
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Dual boot
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Linux - depends on which CD i get ;-)

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]CPU-Intel i5 2400-11k[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]MOBO-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K

RAM-Corsair xms3 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k OR Gskill ripjawsX 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k

HDD-500GB seagate barracuda 7200rpm-4.5k

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.3k[DEPENDING ON WHICH GPU YOU WANT TO ADD]

Case-NZXT gamma-2.1k[/font]

UPS-APC 650VA-2.9K OR APC 1.1KVA-5K

DVD-RW-Samsung dvd r-w-1k

Hope this helps
<

RAM-Corsair xms3 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k OR Gskill ripjawsX 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k

HDD-500GB seagate barracuda 7200rpm-4.5k

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.3k[DEPENDING ON WHICH GPU YOU WANT TO ADD]

UPS-APC 650VA-2.9K OR APC 1.1KVA-5K

DVD-RW-Samsung dvd r-w-1k

Hope this helps
<

Some slight price alterations, the NZXT Gamma is retailing for ~2400/- http://www.theitwares.com/computer-hardware-cabinets-c-101_33.html?manufacturers_id=63.

Monitor #rdmkat Sire, go for the BenQ E2220HD ~8500/- [21.5" full HD LED backlit monitor with HDMI-out] OR BenQ G2220HD ~7200/- [same specifications as the first monitor except it has DVI-out not HDMI].

Dell ST2220L is another monitor ~8300/- [22" full HD, LED backlit monitor with HDMI-out].

Hope this helps. Cheers!!

..[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]PSU-Seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.3k[DEPENDING ON WHICH GPU YOU WANT TO ADD]

<

The PSU range is so wide!. If i fix the graphics card at 10k, what could be range? I am tempted to go with the 520w..

I have a question regarding the USB3 and case. Since the MOBO is USB3 capable, should I look for USB3 case or can I upgrade just the ports later?

Some slight price alterations, the NZXT Gamma is retailing for ~2400/- http://www.theitware...facturers_id=63.

Monitor #rdmkat Sire, go for the BenQ E2220HD ~8500/- [21.5" full HD LED backlit monitor with HDMI-out] OR BenQ G2220HD ~7200/- [same specifications as the first monitor except it has DVI-out not HDMI].

Dell ST2220L is another monitor ~8300/- [22" full HD, LED backlit monitor with HDMI-out].

Hope this helps. Cheers!!

Thanks Sir for your suggestions. Pl suggest about options on the case.

SHIT,prices are crawling up bigtime,can't see any rates dropping for long time.

Yes, looks like prices are shooting high. Even UPS prices seems to be shooting at Chennai. I have dropped email to SMC. Let me see.

The PSU range is so wide!. If i fix the graphics card at 10k, what could be range? I am tempted to go with the 520w..

I have a question regarding the USB3 and case. Since the MOBO is USB3 capable, should I look for USB3 case or can I upgrade just the ports later?

If you are thinking of buying a graphics card ~10,000/- quid mark ~3 -- 4 months down the line, I suggest you go for the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3500/- OR to be on the careful side go with its elder sibling the Seasonic S12II 620W ~4400/-.

For the cabinet itself, I'll suggest you get the NZXT Source eLite 210 ~2200/- http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Source_210_Elite/ [it has 1x front facing USB 3.0 port], so that should also be taken care of, so there.

Any other queries ask away. Cheers!!

Thanks Alpha. One more question..

How to choose the UPS ?

SMC has given quote like this.. I am tempted to choose Microtek 800 VA rating.

What am I loosing compared to the APC 800 VA one?

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]UPS APC 1KVA===> 5900/- and APC 800 VA ===> 4850/-[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]UPS [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Microtek [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]800 VA --[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]@ Rs 2750[/font]

^^ MicroTek is a good local brand but I strongly suggest that you go for an APC UPS, they have a reliable after sales network and are prompt in replacing faulty pieces [home delivery], something I've no experience with MicroTek.

There are 700VA variants too in APC, which are priced ~3500/- [OR so last checked when I called up APC, you can also call them and inquire about dealers closer to Chennai].

Hope this helps.

The air flow structure of NZXT gamma is better than source 210 and also gamma has a good side hdd racks which is better,it's op decision to choose what he wants.
If you are thinking of buying a graphics card ~10,000/- quid mark ~3 -- 4 months down the line, I suggest you go for the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3500/- OR to be on the careful side go with its elder sibling the Seasonic S12II 620W ~4400/-.

For the cabinet itself, I'll suggest you get the NZXT Source eLite 210 ~2200/- http://www.techpower...urce_210_Elite/ [it has 1x front facing USB 3.0 port], so that should also be taken care of, so there.

Any other queries ask away. Cheers!!

The air flow structure of NZXT gamma is better than source 210 and also gamma has a good side hdd racks which is better,it's op decision to choose what he wants.

Surely Sire, but OP has only asked for my opinion on cabinet, so the Source which is ~400/- quid cheaper than the Gamma was the next best choice, so I suggested that to him plus front facing USB 3.0 ports were another feature requested so there. Cheers!!

Thanks. Will stick with APC. Can I go for lower VA? Will I loose amount of backup time?

How to identify if the mother board is DH67BL-B3 or the first version? Today I saw at local shop at Ritchie street. Vendor itself is not sure whether its B3. Package has only DH67BL written

^^ If you want to go for a lower rated UPS, go for the APC BR-650VA IN model ~2800/-, no less.

Yes you'll loose back-up time, 650VA will give approximately ~10 minutes of backup, the 700VA ~15 -- 20 minutes and so on.

Hope this answers your queries #rdmkat, Cheers!!

Back