Budget 21-30k PC Build : Corei3 12100 (Need your sugesstions)

Bling

Recruit
Namaste!
  1. Budget : 25 to 30k
  2. Components : pcpricetracker link
    • INTEL CORE I3-12100
    • Gigabyte H610M H DDR4
    • Kingston NV1 500GB M.2 NVMe
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GBx1
    • Cooler Master MWE 450W
  3. Buying Hardware from : Online
  4. Intendent Use : Browsing, Office, Coding, Gaming
  5. OS : Win 10/11
  6. GPU : 1650 (will add later in future)
Currently I have a monitor, keyboard & mouse, and a pc case.
1. Which online store should I go for?
2. Is there any component that you suggest other than these?
3. I will add a 1650 gpu, another 8gb stick & 1tb hdd later, should i upgrade 450w PSU ?

Your suggestions are welcomed.
Thank You!

Buy a better motherboard with more VRMs for future CPU upgrades: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09P45FMWW/
Also about PSU, I'd say buy a good one once and then you can carry forward it with your upgrades or even new builds.

Get a 750W 80+ Gold unit, if not then at least 650W so that you don't waste money later with an upgrade. I'm telling from personal experience and mistakes. PSU is the only computer component you don't need to upgrade for many years if you buy the right thing the first time.

Buy a better motherboard with more VRMs for future CPU upgrades: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09P45FMWW/
Also about PSU, I'd say buy a good one once and then you can carry forward it with your upgrades or even new builds.

Get a 750W 80+ Gold unit, if not then at least 650W so that you don't waste money later with an upgrade. I'm telling from personal experience and mistakes. PSU is the only computer component you don't need to upgrade for many years if you buy the right thing the first time.
Which will be better MSI PRO H610M-G (rs 7200) or ASUS Prime H610M-E D4 (rs 7190) ?

Which will be better MSI PRO H610M-G (rs 7200) or ASUS Prime H610M-E D4 (rs 7190) ?
Feature set wise they both seem very similar. It's your personal brand preference.

However, power delivery is better on MSI. Here's how you can compare in general with any motherboard. The more the number of MOSFETs and Inductors (VRMs) you see in the marked area of the boards, the better power delivery the board has and hence they can support high end CPUs with higher power draw without much heat to the VRMs.

Attachments

• MSI.png
    MSI.png
    943.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Asus.png
    Asus.png
    600.4 KB · Views: 108
If you plan on adding a GPU later, get a 550w PSU at least. If you can fit it within your budget, get Deepcool PM650D. It's a gold rated PSU. Also, don't get 1650, at least go for a 1660. And if you plan on adding later, I'd say keep an eye on the used market for 2060, you'll get RTX cores with those.

Replace NV1 with WD SN570 500GB. It will cost 300-400 more, but it's a better SSD.

Other components look fine to me, not very well versed with motherboards, so go with other people's suggestions.

Namaste!
  1. Budget : 25 to 30k
  2. Components : pcpricetracker link
    • INTEL CORE I3-12100
    • Gigabyte H610M H DDR4
    • Kingston NV1 500GB M.2 NVMe
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GBx1
    • Cooler Master MWE 450W
  3. Buying Hardware from : Online
  4. Intendent Use : Browsing, Office, Coding, Gaming
  5. OS : Win 10/11
  6. GPU : 1650 (will add later in future)
Currently I have a monitor, keyboard & mouse, and a pc case.
1. Which online store should I go for?
2. Is there any component that you suggest other than these?
3. I will add a 1650 gpu, another 8gb stick & 1tb hdd later, should i upgrade 450w PSU ?

Your suggestions are welcomed.
Thank You!
for 1650 and i3 12100....450w is sufficient. but since you are buying it new get a 550w bronze rated

like this cooler master mwe 550w from vedant is ₹3,600.00.......... the pricing is wrong on pcpartpicker!

use below link to browse psu

Get the Corsair cv550 watt psu and 3200mhz RAM of Corsair.
SSD WD SN570 500gb.
Get a used RTX 2060 or GTX 1660 SUPER.
For i3 12100 Gigabyte mobo is fine i have used gigbyte mobo 5 years with intel 7th gen and now i m using it with my new i3 12100f build.

Buy all parts from mdcomputers or vedant computers.They are cheap and best.

Get the Corsair cv550 watt psu and 3200mhz RAM of Corsair.
SSD WD SN570 500gb.
Get a used RTX 2060 or GTX 1660 SUPER.
For i3 12100 Gigabyte mobo is fine i have used gigbyte mobo 5 years with intel 7th gen and now i m using it with my new i3 12100f build.

Buy all parts from mdcomputers or vedant computers.They are cheap and best.
should i wait or buy the parts now? Is there any chances of prices going down?

The Corsair CV550 is not a good recommendation versus other bronze units. It's double-forward primary circuit and group regulated secondary circuit are two big disadvantages against a competitor like the MWE v2 550W (Primary: LLC and Secondary: DC-DC) which is better in terms of PSU design.

Explainer of PSU topologies from the best in the busines:

The MSI board has m.2 WiFi + NVMe slots but the ASUS board will give you an two NVMe slots, pick according to your preference. Also, the MSI board has only 1x USB 2.0 header which the ASUS board has 2x: having only 1x USB2.0 header is a deal breaker for me, but again, your purchase is according to your preferences.

Last edited:
@OP - Sorry for the interference, But
I heard that the 12th generation CPUs have some bending issues. Is that resolved ? Can anyone clarify on this ? Thank you.

in general , dont need to get higher vrm mobo if he is going with i3 12100.......vrm mostly matter when u r getting into unlocked cpus or going for higher end cpus like i7 or i9

when going for budget mobo i think especially when pairing with i3 or lower end i5 like 1X400 series from intel or R3 or R5 from amd

looking for features on motherboard should be first priority like pcie slots(m.2 and atleast should have one x16 and x1 slot), headers, usb ports, better lan port
secondary will be VRM and heatsinks, audio delivery, inbuilt wifi, extra pcie x16 slots or higher pcie version or 4 ram slot etc

Last edited:
prices will go down at the end of sept. if u dont need this build urgent u can wait some time

I think better PSU would be great for a small premium and would help in long run.
Personally would go for at least 550w bronze or if you could shell out more then 650w . That would future proof you for quite sometime .

Hi, I have some advice for you like this.
1. m.2 ssd you should use gen 3 because your mainboard only supports that level.
2. enough ram, but my advice you should upgrade more to 16GB
3. GPU should be upgraded to 500 - 700W to prevent future loss.

Back