PC Build for HD Video Editing and Rendering

rravikantt

www.fb.com/ravikanthphotography
Disciple
Hi Guys,

I'm building a new Rig for Full HD Video rendering and Post production work (No Gamming).

Please advice me on choosing the below components.

a. CPU - Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz

b. Motherboard - Need advice here. (Intel or Asus, Budget - Below 8K)

c. GPU - Need Advice here. Preferably ATi HD Radeon series. Should have good video memory. Required for HD editing and rendering. Will be working on AVCHD and .MTS file formats. (Budget - Below 10K)

d. Memory - Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz

e. PSU - Cooler Master Extreme Power 500 (Will it be sufficient or should I go for a higher model?)

Thanks,

Ravi

Hi #thegatekeeper, thanks for the pointer. Actually I have gone through the template before posting this. I'm not looking for all the components. Specially i'm looking for the advice on Motherboard and GPU, so I have mentioned in detail about just what im looking for.

May be I have missed out the following info:

Are you Overclocking: No

May be I have missed out the following info:

Are you Overclocking: No

You missed budget [comprehensive for all the components] also Sire. What will you use this RIG apart from video editing and encoding, any gaming et al?

I would say get-

Mobo-ASUS P8H67-M PRO-8.5K OR Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K

GPU-Nvidia quadro 600-11K[For rendering amd post production],If you're gonna game then Gtx550ti-8.2k

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k

This would be enough,hope this helps
<

#ALPHA17 Just video work. No Gamming.

Thank you very much #thegatekeeper. Any suggessions for GPU in ATI Radeon?

Actually I thought the GPU for just video editing would be cheaper than Gamming Cards
<

You have to be more specific. Which software are you planning to use? Exactly what aspects of post-production? Just editing and basic sound inside the NLE to render out? Are you going to encode using external codecs like X264? Your hardware requirements will be VASTLY different based on your software and usage scenario.

I would say get-

GPU-Nvidia quadro FX 600-11K[For rendering amd post production],

This would be enough,hope this helps
<

Just a Clarification - methinks you are refering to the Nvidia Quadro 600 [and not FX 600 whch is a far older series gpu]. The Quadro 600 is an excellent entry level cuda based with support for 3D stereoscopy also. It is priced at Rs 9975/- Only at smcinternational. Just close ur eyes and go for it.

http://www.nvidia.in...dro-600-in.html

It would help if OP mentions which softwares he plans to use.

Cheers

More importantly the Quadro 600 is Nvidia's latest "Fermi" based architecture.

Yeah i was trying to say Quadro 600 it's corrected,Op has mentioned editing and rendering so mostly the softwares will be-

Adobe premiere,Eyeon fusionAvid DS Software.

Op's budget is 10k for gpu so Quadro 600 is best suited.

Eyeon Fusion is compositing and Avid DS is finishing. Don't think OP will be using these. If the OP is using Premiere Pro CS5.x GeForce GTX 560 is the best option. If using Vegas Pro 11, HD 6870 is the best option. Do note that unlike Maya and vector graphics apps, Premiere and Vegas are CUDA/OpenCL accelerated and do not discriminate between Quadro or GeForce - they just need the maximum horsepower. E.g. 6870 is faster than Quadro 5000 in VP11. Avid MC6 is not GPU accelerated, so you can focus on CPU. FX-8150 as fast as Core i7 2600 for 1080p encoding, and even faster for FMA4 accelerated encoders. So might want to save some money there.

Thank you every one for your input. Quadro 600 looks good and in budget.

Sorry for not being specific on the exact work.

I will be using adobe premier cs4. But the major purpose of building this system is to use with "Monarch Twister Lite" card (http://www.monarchinnovative.com/twisterlite.php). The kind of work done is the post production for Marriages and Function and render the video to FullHD.

The system requirements in their website are low. When i spoke with their tech support, they suggested to build a core i7 rig and a GPU for better performance. but they couldnt addvice on any specific model.

Thank you every one for your input. Quadro 600 looks good and in budget.

Sorry for not being specific on the exact work.

I will be using adobe premier cs4. But the major purpose of building this system is to use with "Monarch Twister Lite" card (http://www.monarchin...twisterlite.php). The kind of work done is the post production for Marriages and Function and render the video to FullHD.

The system requirements in their website are low. When i spoke with their tech support, they suggested to build a core i7 rig and a GPU for better performance. but they couldnt addvice on any specific model.

As the other's have suggested, you should concentrate on a better CPU, according to your usage. Core i7 2600K, overclocked to 4.0 Ghz will be good enough for you IMO. And please, stay away from CM "Extreme Power Series", if you care even a little bit for your hardware.

Let me know if you have trouble finding components for your rig, and you are ok with Online purchase
<

Back