PC case with lots of drive bays

rocking

Patron
Reseller
Looking for full tower or matx case which supports a lot of drive bays. I found some cases but they are not available in India. Have LGA 1700 motherboard matx and 12400f so not looking for itx case.

Last edited:
CaseLabs, if you can find a used one or if the reboot has started.

Lots of server grade rack mount cases, often Chinese and in some cases can be had used. If using in rack pay attention to depth. Personally like the Supermicro stuff.

CaseLabs, if you can find a used one or if the reboot has started.

Lots of server grade rack mount cases, often Chinese and in some cases can be had used. If using in rack pay attention to depth. Personally like the Supermicro stuff.
i have lga1700 motherboard with 12400f, so anything which works better at lower price will work. server rack may not fit the psu so i want atx or microatx without spending much. no issue with bulk size.

You'd need to check if its available and works for you but a long time ago I had a CM Stacker 830 (I think this was the model) , pretty good case.

And how do we source them ?

CaseLabs shut down a long time ago, there was a reboot in the works not sure if it has launched yet.

The server racks people can try their luck with local resellers for used low cost options. For Supermicro I suggest going to a reputable reseller or official distributor/dealer.

You'd need to check if its available and works for you but a long time ago I had a CM Stacker 830 (I think this was the model) , pretty good case.

CaseLabs shut down a long time ago, there was a reboot in the works not sure if it has launched yet.

The server racks people can try their luck with local resellers for used low cost options. For Supermicro I suggest going to a reputable reseller or official distributor/dealer.
i don't know any seller. CM Stacker 830 looks cool. have you sold it?

i don't know any seller. CM Stacker 830 looks cool. have you sold it?

Sorry I wish I had something to offer but I don't know anyone.

Ha! Yes I sold it, if I could buy it back at twice the price I would.

Edit : I have a Fractal Define 7 (again don't remember model) and this is in no way comparable to the Stacker. Also it's method of installation is different compared to the older cases like the Stacker.

i have cooler master 310c, at price of 2.8k it is good, only issue is airflow. it support upto 7-10 drives.

If you are not adding a hot CPU/GPU to the case then don't worry too much about airflow/temps about HDD, 2-3 fans should be okay, I read a study a long time ago with a lot of pretty graphs, they said 2 things -

Keep the HDD temperature stable ie don't swing too much between too hot and too cold.

Ideal temperature is between 25-30C. Too hot or cold is worse.

Now this was a while ago, don't know if it applies to modern HDDs, also I don't remember the study so unfortunately no links.

might be worth checking out but its not available on Amazon anymore. i bought 2 of these just for drive bays. it should be available for around rs.5000.

Antec P8 MD

Last edited:

might be worth checking out but its not available on Amazon anymore. i bought 2 of these just for drive bays. it should be available for around rs.5000.

Antec P8 MD
looks perfect fit, but not available now :/ , might will stick with 310c as it offers more at half price.

Back