PC Peripherals PC doubt. help required

shooter

Disciple
i am planning to build a new computer for hardcore gaming purposes.
i have decided on a configuration. i live in bangalore, so my best option would be to purchase stuff from S P Road. Please tell me the prices if any one knows. suggestions from people residing in bangalore are welcome.

Processor : INTEL or AMD (confused:huh: :huh: )
Motherboard : again confused ( good overclocking options are a must )
Memory : 2 GB 667MHz
GPU : GeForce 8800GTS 320MB ( again which brand:huh: :huh: )
Hard Disk : 160 GB SATA 2
SMPS : thinking of Zebrinics Pure Platinum ( i think CM 600W is a bit expensive )

i want to know the prices of these components in bangalore and please also suggest good shops in S P Road where i can get good deals.

Maximum Budget : Rs 35,000

Thanks All

As per current market.. i think c2D should be better option .. and motherboard .. I think Gigabyte 965-DS3 rev 3 should be good.

RAM .. you didnt mention if u want performance ram .. not value ram .. consider you are going for performance RAM.

No comment on GC .. they are more over same .. i guess ..

35k .. wont be enough.

hey pcstore, thanks for your response.
i think the motherboard you mentioned is too expensive, i.e Rs8000 to Rs9000.
I am sure there will be cheaper options.
by the way i am not too keen on the hard disk. i already have an 80 GB IDE which must be enough.
So ditching the HDD, can you give me a detailed price list for the components.
i also have to mention that i am inclined towards AMD.
please give a configuration based on an AMD processor for the mentioned components.
thank you.

You could go for a 650i Ultra from XFX for about 5500
Get C2D E4400 for about 5k
Geforce 800GTS - 18k -
RAM - 2GB 800Mhz Ram - about 6k

total - 24.5k - no idea abt the PSU

i would suggest to go for

invest a little more n get the 8800GTS 640 MB ....512 MB cards have been around for sometime, and current games seem to be pushing them to the limit, so I recommend getting the 640MB to safe guard your investment

n dont cringe on the PSU its the most imp thing...u buy components for 30 odd Ks and save on the psu is a bad idea imo

Back