PC for 30K

sam000

Adept
  • Q: What is your budget?
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

none
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU – Intel Pentium G620
    • Motherboard – Ga-H61M-DS2 or anything from gigabyte ?
    • GPU – onboard
    • SMPS- - Corsair ?
    • Cabinet - ?
    • DVD writer - LG
    • Speaker - Altec Lansing BXR1221 ?
    • HDD - Hitachi 500GB
    • Keyboard - ?
    • Mice - ?
    • Monitor - ST2220L
    • UPS - Microtek 800VA double battery
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• No this is the final config .No more upgrades .

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
  • Chennai
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• Browsing
    • Reading pdf
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
    • No APC pls lot of voltage fluctuation in the house.
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

No games
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Gaming - no
    • Desktop - 1920x1080
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• No
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 32 bit

Intel G620-3.5k

GIGABYTE GA-H61M-D2H-3.5k

Corsair Value Ram 4GBX1-1.2k

Segate 500GB HDD-4k

Fsp SagaII 400W-1.9k

Cooler Master Elite 360-2.5k

Dell ST2220L-8.5k

Samsung/LG DVD-RW-1k

Logitech key/Mouse Combo-0.7k

APC 650VA UPS-2.5k

Altek Lansing BXR1221-1.2k

Hope this Helps.
<

hoiw is the after sales service of saga ? all say the corsair is good in that department. Though its Rs 600 cheaper than the CX430 how does it compare to the corsair ? is the CX430V2 overkill for this config or is it a worthy investment ?.

what about the cabinet ?

FSP A.S.S is good enough,if you want to go with Corsair CX430 V2 then go for it,there's not much difference anyway but go for the V2 version of CX430.Cooler Master Elite 360 is a good case for your rig,you can go for it.
hoiw is the after sales service of saga ? all say the corsair is good in that department. Though its Rs 600 cheaper than the CX430 how does it compare to the corsair ? is the CX430V2 overkill for this config or is it a worthy investment ?.

what about the cabinet ?

got these quotes from chennai dealers :

1)Pentium G620 2.6Ghz @ 3400

2)Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H @ 3350

3)Corsair 4GB DDR3 ram @ 1150

4)Hitachi 500GB 3 yr warranty @ 4300

5)zebronics bijli cabinet @ 1950

6)Corsair VS450 @ 2400

7)LG DVD writer @ 950

8)Logitech MK200 set @ 690

9)Creative SBS A335 2.1 @ 1500

10)Dell ST2220L @ 8500

11)Microtek 800VA @ 2600

I bought the same bijli 3 yrs ago for 1.2K why has its price risen so steeply ? any other better cabby available within 2K? also is the VS450 good PSU ?

No need to go for VS450,Get Corsair CX430 V2-2.1k everything else is fine.You're kidding zeb bijli-1.9k
rolleye17.gif
,instead of that go for Nzxt gamma-2.4k OR Cooler Master 360-2.4k

5)zebronics bijli cabinet @ 1950

6)Corsair VS450 @ 2400

9)Creative SBS A335 2.1 @ 1500

10)Dell ST2220L @ 8500

Do not go for the Bijli cabinet Sire, honestly in Chennai I assume it is humid and being closer to the ocean means a good chance of corrosion. In light of that I recommend that you go for these cabinets --
  • Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-
  • NZXT Source eLite 210 ~2400/- [comes with USB 3.0 front ports]

For the SMPS I will second Jakob, go for the Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-.

The Corsair VS 450W is a local release SMPS that Corsair has introduced in markets like India, China to penetrate the lower end market which is dominated by local companies like Zebronics, VIP, Intex et al.

Instead of the Creative speakers, try to hunt these down --> Altec Lansing BXR1221 ~1100/-.

Go for a smaller screen to save cash, not necessary but in the light of the fact that your display is tied to the Intel HD IGP to improve overall display performance. You can go for a -- Dell IN2030M [20" matte screen with LED back-light].

Just my point of view, Cheers!!

Ok then dropping the VS 450 as well...i didnt know that its some local version just for us
tongu23e.gif
.CX V2 430 is available Theitdepot for 2.6K is that a good price ? likewise dropping the creative as well....will hunt down BXR1221 .will go for cooler master then ....how is this cooler master caby for 1.7K ? :

http://www.theitdepo...P)_C5P6364.html

This rig is actually is for a relative of mine and they insist on getting the dell ST2220L aftert seeing mine....so the onboard intel IGP wont be able to take the 1920 X1080 resolution ?
sad.gif

This rig is actually is for a relative of mine and they insist on getting the dell ST2220L aftert seeing mine....so the onboard intel IGP wont be able to take the 1920 X1080 resolution ?

It just might cut it, but anything more intensive like A.E.R.O. effects transparency might cause micro-stuttering and screen tearing visible.

Also, with all this going on if you toss in something like HD-playback that is it, your CPU is fully tied down. A slightly different RIG I propose will be --

AMD A6-3500 ~4000/-

Gigabyte GA-A75-D2H ~5500/-

Corsair XMS3 4GB x1 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600/- [add another stick of RAM later as Llano IGP reacts well to added bandwidth]

[rest configuration same as above]

Another option is that you can wait till AMD Trinity releases on the 15[sup]th[/sup] of this month, see how it performs vis-a-vis Intel entry level designs and make a definitive choice.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

This may go little out of the budget,though APU will be helpful in hd playback,OP has only mentioned browsing and reading pdf,it's op's call.

This may go little out of the budget,though APU will be helpful in hd playback,OP has only mentioned browsing and reading pdf,it's op's call.

It's a build for
This rig is actually is for a relative of mine and they insist on getting the dell ST2220L
now looking into this HD content will be played, it is an eventuality that has to occur at some time than later. Also the Intel Pentium CPU's are not known for their 'good' IGP's.

Then OP will again be under the scanner for stuff like --> "their kids cannot play GTA San Andreas"... "HD movies nahee chaltee"... "computer bahut slow hai"... and assorted kich-kich, that I would like him to avoid by purchasing a decent APU.

Hope this clarifies my stand, Cheers!!

So if i understand this correctly the igp wont cut it if they play HD video right ? if its only that then i am pretty sure they wont watch HD stuff or gaming....they want this PC only for their daughters eduction purpose thats it...... everything comes second to that.

Yes i dont want to blamed for anything i would hate that ...more than that i would not want to dissapoint them in any way
<

Yes i dont want to blamed for anything i would hate that ...more than that i would not want to dissapoint them in any way.

If its for that purpose, charge full steam ahead with the Intel build, if later they complain about lack of certain functionality. Tell them you can add a low-end graphics card on the line of HD 6670 ~5000/-. OR try to include the graphics card into the current RIG build.

You can cut back on the following areas --

Cabinet -- Go for the Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-

SMPS -- FSP Saga II 400W ~1900/- OR Corsair V2 CX 430W ~2400/-

Speakers -- Altec Lansing BXR 1220 ~900/-

RAM -- Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1 ~1100/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

I am with alpha17 about going with an amd apu.

Intel onboard for 1080p monitor! Not a great idea. It will definately struggle and put load on cpu. Hell even my htpc's 8400gs struggles to keep up when aero and transperancy are enabled(reaches 70% usage!) which is a lot better than igp on g620(hd2000 I believe).

Unless you go for SBG620 + any discrete GPU, I suggest you to go for Llano.

OK then there is no point is risking it then ... i will change it to the new AMD config....the new rig would be 2.5K more expensive but then i dont want to be pulled later if their daughter doesnt like the PC .I should have started this thread somedays back before i talked to them as i have given the intel config to them as the final rig a few days back...i am gonna assemble the rig mostly on monday so at this last moment it wont look nice on my part if i suddenly jack up the price....so i have decided to give the extra 2.5K out of my own pocket now
sad.gif

AMD A6-3500 ~4000/-

Gigabyte GA-A75-D2H ~5500/-

Sorry for asking this noobish question Why is the mobo so expensive compared to Intel G620 combo ? how does this AMD config perform on general task like browsing/reading pdf/watching movies/music compared to the intel combo ?

may i also ask if ST2220L is too much for the intel IGP in the G620 then at what monitor size will it work flawlessly ? i saw on DELL site they are pairing G620 processors with 18.5 inch monitors....is that the max it can handle comfortably ?

OK then there is no point is risking it then ... i will change it to the new AMD config....the new rig would be 2.5K more expensive but then i dont want to be pulled later if their daughter doesnt like the PC .I should have started this thread somedays back before i talked to them as i have given the intel config to them as the final rig a few days back...i am gonna assemble the rig mostly on monday so at this last moment it wont look nice on my part if i suddenly jack up the price....so i have decided to give the extra 2.5K out of my own pocket now .

may i also ask if ST2220L is too much for the intel IGP in the G620 then at what monitor size will it work flawlessly ? i saw on DELL site they are pairing G620 processors with 18.5 inch monitors....is that the max it can handle comfortably ?

#Sam000 do not do this. I have a better compromise worked out. As you said this RIG is for their daughters education, leave it as is and go for a slightly smaller Dell IN2030M -- 20" monitor, rather than shelling out cash from your pocket.

No Dell is just being cheap there, they even bundle the same 18.5" monitor(s) with the base ALIENWARE X51 model, the 22" is a little to extreme for the Intel IGP, best bet go for a 20" monitor and that is it.

Sorry for asking this noobish question Why is the mobo so expensive compared to Intel G620 combo ?

Well the major differences are as follows --
  • native support for USB 3.0 and SATA III.
  • RAM modules upto 1866MHz are supported whilst processor is at stock settings, this is because the IGP on the processor reacts well to faster RAM modules.
  • better outputs are used, a decent motherboard supports -- DVI-D, HDMI v.1.4, SP/DIF out, all these are necessary for its target market --> HTPC.

Well for a true benchmark of Intel Sandy-Bridge vs. Llano, please go through the following articles, here and here and this.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Both the A8-3850 and Intel's Core i3-2105 are built on a 32nm process and both feature extensive power and clock gating. By virtue of having lower power cores the A8 manages to beat the Core i3 in idle power consumption. Under CPU load however the A8-3850 does consume more power as it simply has more cores that can be loaded up. We also see higher power consumption in 3D gaming, but we do get much higher performance and as a result much better performance per watt.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma,]When the platform first landed, I was concerned about how it’d fare against Core i3—[/font]a processor we’ve already established performs exceptionally well in the company of discrete graphics. Butthe Core i3-2105 itself costs $140 and a Radeon HD 6570 adds $70 to that bill. That’s an entry-level graphics card, too. Between the pair, you’re already over $200.

Strip Core i3 from the add-in graphics component that makes it shine and you’re left with HD Graphics 3000. While significantly faster than HD Graphics 2000, Intel’s best integrated effort can’t even come close to the engine built into AMD’s A8-3850. When you consider the LGA 1155- and FM1-based packages on their own merits, the Llano architecture makes a lot more sense. This is a simple matter of cost and balance.

We’re huge proponents of balance. You put the right processor with the right graphics card and the right memory. When you find the sweet spot for any given budget, you get the best all-around performance. That’s the entire premise underlying Paul Henningsen’s Building A Balanced Gaming PC series. Intel and AMD each made judgment calls when they were designing their respective next-gen products. Intel put most of its focus on very powerful execution cores. As such, its dual-core part is often able to beat AMD’s quad-core implementation. But AMD sunk more resources into on-die graphics able to complement the mainstream cores.

Hope this clears your doubts #[member='sam000'], Cheers!!

Back