PC for ~ 90k Budget

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Ok I am looking to upgrade my PC, Having Weird Problems on Freezing which i think is due to PSU, but i am due upgrade anyways so i'll just rather get rid of it all.
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 90K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
    2. Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
    3. GPU - Zotac 9800GT 1GB
    4. RAM - Corsair XMS3 12GB DDR3 (3 x 4GB)
    5. Monitor - 2 x Samsung B2030 LCD
    6. SMPS - Cooler Master 500Watts
    7. Hard Drive - 500 GB Seagate, 1 TB Seagate, 1 TB WD My Book External, 2 TB WDEARS (removed from external case)
    8. Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 355
    9. Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 +
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. Monitor - 2 x Samsung B2030 LCD
    2. Hard Drive - ALL mentioned Above
    3. GPU - Zotac 9800GT 1GB (Don't do gaming a lot, but do play all top released games, Might upgrade to a 550Ti / 560Ti later but the 9800GT is enough for now)
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K
    2. Motherboard - GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4
    3. RAM - Crosair DDR3 XMS3 4GB
    4. Cabinet - NZXT Phantom Full Tower (White / Black)
    5. SMPS - Corsair HX850 Modular
    6. Cooling - Corsair H100
    7. Hard Drive - 2 x Western Digital 2TB
    8. Aesthetics - NZXT Sleeved LED Kit RED
    9. Sound Card - ???
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    2. Graphics Card - ASUS 550 Ti / 560 Ti
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Mostly Ebay to avail EMI Option on Credit Card
    2. Mumbai if a product is not available online.
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. Yes
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Virtualization
    2. Browsing
    3. Gaming
    4. Remote Desktop / Teamviewer / Logmein
    5. Watching HD Movies, Music
    6. Downloading (but not 24/7)
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. No, but prefer brands that i've heard of
      happy19.gif

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. I play mostly all games at least once
    2. Racing - CodeMasters Formula 2011, Still play online sometimes
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1600 x 900 (Max the Monitor Supports)
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. Yes (Hence the H100) but not in this heat, Will overclock after summer.
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.

From my calculations the total new hardware purchase is 88K, anything there i can improve?

I was looking at NAS Solution but Hard Drive prices are killing it so I am going to buy 2 WD 2TB Drives & do a Mirror on it, I already have 2 1TB Drives on which i'll do another Mirror, 500GB will be used for Downloading stuff & I have a OCZ Agility III 60GB which i forgot to add above for OS. I have another 2 TB currently in the System removed from My Book Essential case, I'll put it back in the Case & use it for Backing Up the SSD daily. as its a USB 3.0

If you can wait for Ivy Bridge and Kepler to hit in force, postpone your purchase till May to let the situation stabilize.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

CPU 2500k or 3570k 13k

MSI Z68A GD65 or Z77A GD65 11k or 13k respectively

G Skill 2x4GB DDR3 1600 3.5k

Seagate 2TB 7200.12 8k+x2 = 16-17k

Coolermaster HAF 922 6k unless you can find a full tower in about this price

Corsair TX650 V2, around 5.5k

Coolermater Hyper 212 Plus 2k

Sound card onboard

All this will set you back about 55-60k approx.

You can upgrade a few of the things, for example if you want to overclock high then go for Noctua D14 instead for an additional 3k or so, strongly recommended imo.

Get a Coolermaster HAF 932.

Get a good keyboard, mouse, mouse pad etc.

For a graphic card I recommend HD 7870 OC Twin Frozr for 22k. Even a 560 TI will be like 14k and the 7870 is much better and not that much more. In 6 months you won't find much better options for too much of a price difference, you will need to wait 8-10+ months for much cheaper prices for similar performance levels.

So I recommend going for a 7870 OC straight
<

All this is sub 1 L and perhaps sub 90k depending on what you finally choose
<

Seriously op should wait for ivy bridge and kepler that's the sensible thing to do considering it's nearly gonna release.

Yeah, it's not a long time to wait considering he already has a rig. I couldn't wait because I had no computer at all(I purchased last month). Ivy Bridge won't bring much, but it'll still be an upgrade. And Kepler's launch must push the prices of some AMD cards down, which are the best bet as of now. Maybe the price will drop more after Kepler's mid-range launch, so you'll have more choices and reasonable prices to choose from.

Won't i be able to sell the i7 2600k for around 14k in 3 months? as that's how long i think would take ivy bridge to get to India. New launched products have high price & its likely that after Ivy Bridge launch on 28th April it would take months for prices to reach its actual price range.

take for example the 3930K, its on PrimeAbgb for 37k, it was until about a month ago it was for 35k, and at launch it was around 50k (i don't remember the exact price), but in US its for 28K ($600) which is justifiable with the performance increase over the 2600K, I don't think our taxes / custom duty are so high for the 9k price jump. some are still selling for as high as 50k.

I selected the Z68 board, cause it will support the ivy bridge after Bios update & its the same LGA 1155.

Bottom Line, I will upgrade to ivy Bridge when the prices are right, a i7 2600K comparative ivy bridge 3770K would cost anywhere around 25 - 30k even higher at launch. It should be atleast 40% faster than the current i7's to justify that price range, which its not, its only about 20% faster than 2600k so price range once its settled should be around 21K.

Anything you read on the internet about it is just speculations, won't know anything for sure until its launched & tested / benchmarked against the current generation of Sandy Bridge.

I know most people here when they build go for everything that's latest, but I look for a well balanced system rather than all over priced latest products which don't justify its price vs performance factor.

@rite, i am sorry but i don't understand your logic there, i post i7 & you suggested i5, a 1 year warranty seagate over 2 year warranty WD a hyper 212 over a H100 & why a 22k GPU even i said i don't do a lot of gaming. a HAF 922 (mid Tower) over NZXT Phantom full tower for same price.

Like i said NOT a gaming PC, Gaming is not a priority here its a part time thing..

If that is the case then this is the RIG I will suggest --

Intel Core i7 2600k ~17500/- + Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/- http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1212/1/ / http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-Air-Overclocking,3130-19.html

ASUS P8Z68-M PRO ~9800/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x4 ~6500/- [I noticed Virtualization on your list of "to do" things]

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/- http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R/ / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_carbide_400r/ [I despise the plastic finish on the NZXT Phantom personally], if you are adamant on a full tower, get this --> Cooler Master Storm Sniper ~8500/- http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/Storm_Sniper/ / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_storm/

Seasonic X660 ~7500/- [modularity will help you in cable-management] OR Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/-

Do not buy a graphics card immediately, better wait for the HD 7850 2GB OR GTX 660Ti to release, they will perform better than the GTX 560Ti and consume lesser power. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-review-benchmark,3148.html / http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/

#[member='ALPHA17'] Thanks

a few questions though, Will a Noctua NH-D14 be able to handle 4.0 Ghz OC i7 2600k?

whats the Difference better a 15K Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 vs the ASUS P8Z68-M Pro?

remember i need to connect 5 Hard Drives & 1 ODD Drive.

I am not going for G Skill Ram's because i already have 12GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 4GB x 3 RAM's so buying another single stick to make it 16 GB in total

The Sniper looks very odd to me, & the 400R is very simple...

So if the Asus Board = the Gigabyte board then i'll use the money saved there for a CM Storm Trooper / HAF X

#[member='ALPHA17'] Thanks

a few questions though, Will a Noctua NH-D14 be able to handle 4.0 Ghz OC i7 2600k?

Please read the reviews for the same that I have attached, the Noctua coolers greatest advantage is that it can support any Intel processor from LGA 775 onwards, in-fact if you buy the LGA 2011 platform and have a valid bill then you can even request for a LGA 2011 adapter kit so that it can be used for that set-up to.

whats the Difference better a 15K Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 vs the ASUS P8Z68-M Pro?

Appropriate pages --> http://in.asus.com/M...155/P8Z68M_PRO/ / http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=3977#ov.

The overall chipsets are the same, so head to head performance is same too. You get 1 extra SATA port in the Gigabyte [8 SATA ports] motherboard and 2 x PCIe 1x lanes for which I do not think you have a pressing requirement.

remember i need to connect 5 Hard Drives & 1 ODD Drive.

Both the ASUS motherboard as well as Gigabyte motherboard will accommodate this easily.

I am not going for G Skill Ram's because i already have 12GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 4GB x 3 RAM's so buying another single stick to make it 16 GB in total

That is fine.

The Sniper looks very odd to me, & the 400R is very simple...

They are the best in your price range also, the Storm Sniper is not a common site so it adds a class of uniqueness to the set-up.

So if the Asus Board = the Gigabyte board then i'll use the money saved there for a CM Storm Trooper / HAF X

Upto you, Sire.

Hi asim after a looking your thread personally I am in for your suggested setup, of course hafx wud be good but phantom is good and cheaper too

Regarding mobo you go ahead with gigabyte as decided, and proccy 2600k, let ivy settle down and 2600k is here to stay long

H100 can't go wrong in fact you can try you 4ghz in summer as well guranteed
<

We are done with ssd topic so keep it serving you with all the tweaks applied and your machine will rock even more

Btw if psu then go for at least sea sonic x 850 gold

Any further queries?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

H100 is like 8k, in a 90k rig an 8k CPU cooler is going overboard. And Seasonic X850 is like 11k, you don't need it unless you plan to do 560 Ti SLI or something. For a single card a PSU for half that cost like Corsair TX650 V2 (up to 7870/570/6970 OC) or TX750 V2 for 7970 OC or 680 OC, would do.

You don't need a H100 for less than 4.5-4.7 GHz actually
happy19.gif
Even Hyper 212 Plus can easily get you 4-4.2+ with decent temps
happy19.gif
provided you at least have a decent AC in your room, otherwise even the H100 won't be that good
happy55.gif

<
<
provided you at least have a decent AC in your room, otherwise even the H100 won't be that good
<

happy19.gif
happy19.gif
happy55.gif

What you started putting smilies instead of full stops, Sire?

The ideal situations like having an AC in your room is really rare and I had a Hyper 212+ in Bangalore [which is cooler then Delhi] and it could not hold my AMD Phenom IIx4 965 @stock below 45 °C in most situations (if I left my system on idle then too). It was not a bad cooler but it was not a great upgrade over the stock cooler.

I recently purchased the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 to replace the ageing Hyper 212+ and it has really done wonders, on load CPU @stock has not exceeded 40 °C and I this while I still have not got an AC in my room.

The Noctua NH-D14 is the best for OP, it performs close to the Corsair H80 and is much more versatile and boast a compatibility listing that will make most companies drop their pants.

Hope this explains my stand, Cheers!!

You don't need 45C for an Intel CPU. I see no advantage of that. Even with my H100 and 2600k @ 4.3 my idle temps are like late 30s or early 40s, idle temps. With gaming load I get late 50s. And this too in no way is necessary if it is pinching your budget.

As long as your gaming load or working load temperature is sub 70C, it is pretty much nearly ideal. Of course, it shouldn't touch 75-80C on a regular basis because that will become a little too close. But as long as your use keeps in around 65-70C you are perfectly fine.

And as far as the performance is concerned, the difference btw Hyper 212 plus and H100 at 4.2 Ghz with okay volts is not more than 10-12C or so at load. So if a H100 gets you 50C, you will end up around 60C (assuming the first point of course). The difference will probably increase >4.5 but that is not required here.

IMO, spending more than 3k on a CPU cooler is only advised if it doesn't compromise with other stuff like a 25-35k GPU etc. Otherwise it is just being too pushy to achieve those last 5C or 200Mhz which isn't required in most cases and without which your CPU will probably still last >2-4 years reasonably well or nearly as well as day 1.

Ordered The Following from PrimeABGB

Intel Core i7

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

4 GB Corsair RAM

NZXT Phantom

Corsair HX850

Noctua NH-D14

Raidon 4Bay GearTank

Western Digital 2TB x 2

couple of NZXT 200 MM FAN's

Any Good Option to replace the ugly Noctua fan's, although its not a transparent side panel.

Thank you guys, I will post pics soon in the show off thread.

Back