Budget 31-40k PC for gaming,encoding,os testing and learning 3dmax.

MAGNeT

Skilled
Q: What is your budget?
(I do have 38k but have kept 8k aside if lcd develops trouble .But suggest something which can fit upto within 35k.As i can manage for lcd later too)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Intel e6750
Some cheap asrock board 3gb ddr 2 ram.
Couple of hdd almost 1.5tb
dead gfx card 8800gt(using system gfx which is quite weak)
nzxt temp cabinet noctu nh d14 cooler
corsair vx 550w PSU
7 years old samsung 710n
altec atp 3

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Almost all except 4 things which is in next question

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU,Mobo,RAM And gfx card

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Final for stuffs i am getting .Another upgrade will be lcd which ill change later.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Lamington Road , Mumbai online,te dealers.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

For cpu yes.For rest all new.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

3D Modelling, Rendering
Gaming
Browsing
Download rig
Watching HD movies,
Encoding
Os testing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

I thought ill go for amd this time but their fx series looks not worth getting and a8 3750 looks non logical to get .
Also for mobo Asus is strict no and i'll prefer gigabyte config

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Max payne,arkham asylum cs etc

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Right now any will do as my lcd is pretty old,But ill buy new one atleast 22 or 24 incher

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

30-40% than base proccy speed

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

Okay, this is what I suggest @MAGNeT --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~16500/- [can be gotten for cheaper from here --> Theitdepot - Intel Core I5-3570K 3.80GHz Processor OR try to find a Core i5 2500k on the cheap in the Member's Market]
ASUS P8Z77M-PRO ~10500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1700/- [add another RAM module when you buy the new LCD panel]
Sapphire / MSi / HIS HD7850 2GB ~16500/- [if you can wait till nVidia debuts its GTX660Ti in the Indian market it will be better in my opinion]

This goes over your budget by a neat ~2000/- -->5000/- guineas but then this is the price of an over-clocker friendly RIG these days.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this is what I suggest MAGNeT --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~16500/- [can be gotten for cheaper from here --> Theitdepot - Intel Core I5-3570K 3.80GHz Processor OR try to find a Core i5 2500k on the cheap in the Member's Market]
ASUS P8Z77M-PRO ~10500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1700/- [add another RAM module when you buy the new LCD panel]
Sapphire / MSi / HIS HD7850 2GB ~16500/- [if you can wait till nVidia debuts its GTX660Ti in the Indian market it will be better in my opinion]

This goes over your budget by a neat ~2000/- -->5000/- guineas but then this is the price of an over-clocker friendly RIG these days.

Thanks for the detail

Yes i'll wait for gfx card.

Please suggest a non-Asus board with inbuild gfx(least power till will do)if gfx card dies i can use the pc for default use.

Also any i7 within 19k range on whom i also have to keep a tab?Since i have heard theitdepot prices are excluding taxes plus on top of that bringing it to mumbai will add further 5 percent; octroi i guess.

Z77 Motherboards let u use the Onboard graphics!

Brand name gigabyte or whatever.

Strictly non Asus.I dont have time to waste on their service point Rashi.Have very bad experince with all asus product right from mother board to tv tuner card which stopped working in 7 days.

Brand name gigabyte or whatever.

Strictly non Asus.I dont have time to waste on their service point Rashi.Have very bad experince with all asus product right from mother board to tv tuner card which stopped working in 7 days.

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 ----> 10.5K

Please suggest a non-Asus board with inbuild gfx(least power till will do)if gfx card dies i can use the pc for default use.

Also any i7 within 19k range on whom i also have to keep a tab?Since i have heard theitdepot prices are excluding taxes plus on top of that bringing it to mumbai will add further 5 percent; octroi i guess.

I think those issues are best known by experienced members like yourself Sire.

Yes and no, the fact is after Nehalem and Lynnfield architectural releases, Sandy-Bridge was a great turning point; It integrates the iGP on board the CPU-die so now the chipset in question just needs to support this on-CPU-die iGP. The Z77 chipset is capable on this count and allows over-clocking to boot, something which the cheaper H77 chipset sacrifices. The Core i5 3570k carries the capable Intel HD4000 iGP on die and this must be on your shortlist.

For over-clocking any current generation build you will need to have two components --
  • a -k marked processor
  • a Z68 / P67 [Cougar-Point chipset] OR Z77 [Panther-Point chipset] based motherboard, the cheaper H67 / H77 chipset-boards do not allow over-clocking.
For Core i7 chips below ~19000/- try to find the street prices for --
Core i7 2600k ~16500/-
Core i7 3770 ~19500/- [this cannot be over-clocked], the -k marked Core i7 3770k will set you back by ~23000/-. (Check for prices in Bombay please)

For motherboard apart from ASUS check these out --
GIGABYTE G1.Sniper M3 ~11500/- http://hardwire.in/motherboards-/623-gigabyte-g1sniper-m3-intel-motherboard.html
GIGABYTE Z77M-D3H ~8500/-
GIGABYTE Z77P-D3H ~9500/-
GIGABYTE Z77MX-D3H ~9500/- http://www.anandtech.com/show/5850/gigabyte-gaz77mxd3h-review-z77-and-microatx / http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/gigabyte_z77mx_d3h_review,1.html *best board for you methinks.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!

Thanks for all the help

One last question.As according to fudzilla trinity desktop may launch in october.Can i expect a price cut.Because i am going to buy this setup in september and i guess i can wait a bit more to see the effect of the launch.

One last question.As according to fudzilla trinity desktop may launch in october.Can i expect a price cut.Because i am going to buy this setup in september and i guess i can wait a bit more to see the effect of the launch.

The Trinity and Llano families are more oriented towards to 1080p gaming with all the details turned on the lower scale of things. Also, raw processing power and IPC is still way below Intel's offerings. At maximum I would recommend this configuration to people who are more into low-power integration of their home-theatre devices not over-clockers and gamers.

I do not know if the pricing will get stoked after AMD releases Trinity for the desktop, if it threatens the older Sandy-Bridge Core i3's and lower order Core i5's we might see a minor scuffle but no change in the ~10000/- and above processor range. Just my opinion can be wrong too.

The Trinity and Llano families are more oriented towards to 1080p gaming with all the details turned on the lower scale of things. Also, raw processing power and IPC is still way below Intel's offerings. At maximum I would recommend this configuration to people who are more into low-power integration of their home-theatre devices not over-clockers and gamers.

I do not know if the pricing will get stoked after AMD releases Trinity for the desktop, if it threatens the older Sandy-Bridge Core i3's and lower order Core i5's we might see a minor scuffle but no change in the ~10000/- and above processor range. Just my opinion can be wrong too.

My bad luck than.

When i bought e6750 proccy from te market in 2007 at 6.5k(at that time it was reselling for 8k).I had decided i wont spend more than 7k on proccy ever.But again AMd is in backfoot and again Intel is quoting exorbitant price.

I know down the line 2 years the 16k proccy will be tough to sell even at 10k than i might have to stick for another 5 years with the setup.In short again jump to 3rd generation.

I hope this 16k proccy at-least gives me 60 percent; more raw power than my present setup.

My bad luck than.

When i bought e6750 proccy from te market in 2007 at 6.5k(at that time it was resaling for 8k).I had decided i wont spend more than 7k on proccy ever.But again AMd is in backfoot and again Intel is quoting exorbiant price.

I know down the line 2 years the 16k proccy will be tough to sell even at 10k than i might have to stick for another 5 years with the setup.In short again jump to 3rd generation.

I hope this 16k proccy atleast gives me 60% more raw power than my present setup.

Since the Lynnfield days, when Intel decoupled the over-clocking functionality from the processor and moved it to the chipset; it has faced flak for this move as well as garnered praise.

The point was, there are a lot of users who will never over-clock their setups and a minority cult will always carry this out on their builds. Intel rather crassly summed it up as a cash-cow and since then this drama has gotten exacerbated with the non-k and -k marked processor types.

I do not think you will be disappointed with the performance of any current generation build vis-á-vis your old build. For how long this euphoria grips you is in your hands. Being a non-earning member of my family I think the best way for a system to stay contemporary is via, year-by-year upgrades / phasing of components and finally at the end of ~4 -->5 years carting the entire setup. This is strictly my point-of-view and it would be most appreciated if you can poke holes in it.

Since the Lynnfield days, when Intel decoupled the over-clocking functionality from the processor and moved it to the chipset; it has faced flak for this move as well as garnered praise.

The point was, there are a lot of users who will never over-clock their setups and a minority cult will always carry this out on their builds. Intel rather crassly summed it up as a cash-cow and since then this drama has gotten exacerbated with the non-k and -k marked processor types.

I do not think you will be disappointed with the performance of any current generation build vis-á-vis your old build. For how long this euphoria grips you is in your hands. Being a non-earning member of my family I think the best way for a system to stay contemporary is via, year-by-year upgrades / phasing of components and finally at the end of ~4 -->5 years carting the entire setup. This is strictly my point-of-view and it would be most appreciated if you can poke holes in it.

Agreed.

But again, its just lost of valuable money.

Just mark it in 2 years the same stuff will be worth 50%; less.Thats the same reason i am pushing the e6750 setup.
There is no problem with it but i messed with my abit board and than got a spare board which is a serious bottleneck and also gfx card getting dead.And again i cant get same setup again since ram has migrated.

Anyways thanks for the support.But ill wait for october launch of trinity and will bump the topic.
Also hoping till than geforce ti 660 gets launched.

Anyways thanks for the support.But ill wait for october launch of trinity and will bump the topic.
Also hoping till than geforce ti 660 gets launched.

The nVidia GTX660Ti is out all cards will be customs, á la HD7850 situation. This means plenty of variability in the pricing and theoretical performance of these.

Expect the prices to hover around ~20000/- -->24000/-. And the card should be available by early September in most metros.

Back