Budget 21-30k PC for Photo editing

pradi

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 25-30K (max budget)

1. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. none

1. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. NA

1. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. Am Open to suggestions.

1. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Might upgrade RAM in the future and if absolutely required, upgrade the GPU
  2. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Bangalore – SP road
    2. Open to online purchase

1. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. Additional HDD maybe

1. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Use it primarily for Adobe PS & Lightroom as I want to use it to process photos
    2. Watching HD movies
    3. Light Gaming

1. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. Read reviews about the AMD trinity & its integrated GPU being good.Not sure if it servers my need. But would prefer to have a VFM system

1. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Most of the older games.

1. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No idea since I am setting this up from scratch

1. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No

1. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8

- - - Updated - - -

Guys. A little help here please as I intend to buy & setup this weekend.

The general specs when I see for light gaming is as below. But am not sure if it would address my requirement for image editing in PS & LR. Please let me know if it is fine. Also this pushes the cost up a little bit so are there alternatives to the below or is the below the bare minimum that i should take.

CPU
Intel Core i3 3220
Motherboard
GIGABYTE-B75-D3H
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 4GB X2
HDD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
DVD Drive
HP/ASUS boxed
SMPS
Cooler Master GX450W
Tower
Cooler Master eLite 311 Plus
Monitor
DeLL ST2220L
KBD Mouse
Microsoft combo

@pradi this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3450 ~11000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/-
[rest RIG pretty much what you have mentioned]

You will need to add a proper GPU later as the iGP on the die is ineffective except for the most rudimentary games.

Hope this helps and wishing all on this thread a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
<alpha> many thanks. A quick question though. Would you suggest me to go with the I3 and add a GPU right now (with the remaining money from not going for a I5) over going for the I5 and the iGP

<alpha> many thanks. A quick question though. Would you suggest me to go with the I3 and add a GPU right now (with the remaining money from not going for a I5) over going for the I5 and the iGP

No in the long run the Core i5 will be better for your needs. Because it is a quad-core. And depending on your gaming needs you can get a cheap card between ~5000/- -->7000/- INR later.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

To tag members use the following syntax @<iD> without the '<>', e.g. -- @pradi.

@ALPHA17

One last question before i finalize and purchase. If i have to pick up a GPU for my requirement (primarily Photo editing etc) which one would you suggest. And will the Cooler Master GX450W suffice for the GPU or will I need to go for a different SMPS

@ALPHA17

One last question before i finalize and purchase. If i have to pick up a GPU for my requirement (primarily Photo editing etc) which one would you suggest. And will the Cooler Master GX450W suffice for the GPU or will I need to go for a different SMPS

Go for an nVidia card, preferably GTX650Ti OR similar depending on budget and time of purchase.

Yes the SMPS will suffice for the said graphic card. Cheers!

P.S. -- Do let us know when you buy the GPU.

Back