PC for skype usage

sam000

Adept
This for a family friend he wants a PC assembled as cheap as possible just for using skype(his son is going abroad shortly) ....he didnt tell me the budget ...all he said was how much it will cost him...told him i wil check the prices and contact him
<

He lives in a really remote village so dont want him to run into some trouble thats why i want your valuable advice .

My preferences :

Mobo : gigabyte (heard the ASS is good)

HDD : If possible 80/160/320/500GB Hitachi (i have a 1TB model and it hasnt filed me like my seagate or WD)

UPS : his power connection is pretty unreliable so i am pretty sure APC will give up in a week
<
.....maybe microtek cause of its wide voltage range ?

PSU :is a zebronics cheap Rs500 dabba enough?

Headphones : any low cost headset that will get the job done.

I will be buying it for him in chennai only .please tell the current prices also
<

The experts will help you out with the PC config. But for the Headset, I would suggest Logitech Stereo Headset H110. I got two from Snapdeal for 349/- shipped each.

You can get it for 299/- using the coupon snap50. Do NOT opt for those local headsets that you get for 150 odd rupees. They are not worth it. Plus, with Logitech you get a 2 year warranty.

And yes, Gigabyte has great ASS atleast in Mumbai.

• Q: What is your budget?
  • Less than 15K

• Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)?
  • nah

• Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • nah

• Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - no idea
    • Motherboard - no idea(gigabyte preferred)
    • GPU - onboard
    • UPS - microtek 600VA ?
    • Keyboard & mouse combo
    • PSU : no idea
    • Head phone for skype
    • HDD : Hitachi preferred (availability no idea).
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component?

• no upgrades whatsoever this is the final config.

• Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai (mostly from delta)
    • No online purchase
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
  • Browsing
  • Mostly used for skype only

• Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • nah
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
    • Gaming - No gaming
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
  • No

• Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 32 bit/Xp

Cpu-Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mobo-Intel DH61WW ~3500/-[/font]

Ram-Corsair 2 x 2GB ValueRAM ~1200/-

Psu-FSP Saga II 400W ~1900/- [do not compromise on the SMPS below this]

HDD-Hitachi 160gb-2500/-

Cabinet-Any cheap iBall Case [without SMPS]-1000/-

UPS-APC UPS 600VA ~1900/-

Keyboard+Mouse-Logitech / Microsoft wired desktop [mouse + keyboard] ~700/-

Hope this helps
<

Cpu-Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mobo-Intel DH61WW ~3500/-[/font]

Ram-Corsair 2 x 2GB ValueRAM ~1200/-

Psu-FSP Saga II 400W ~1900/- [do not compromise on the SMPS below this]

HDD-Hitachi 160gb-2500/-

Cabinet-Any cheap iBall Case [without SMPS]-1000/-

UPS-APC UPS 600VA ~1900/-

Keyboard+Mouse-Logitech / Microsoft wired desktop [mouse + keyboard] ~700/-

Hope this helps
<

Thanks.

Ok the mobo comes with onboard gpu right ? anything similair from gigabyte ? cant he just get by using just 2GB of ram rather than 4GB? somwhere i saw FPS saga 350W for less...if available will that do ok for this config ?.

If you wan't gigabyte mobo then-GIGABYTE GA-H61M-D2-B3-3.5k,Fsp sagaii 350w is deactivated so it'd be better to get Fsp sagaii 400w,4gb ram will give give you better performance as to 2gb no need to cut on ram,evrything mentioned will be good enough.

Will Netbook or TAB in the range 12-15K serve this purpose ?

Also 15" Notebook.

Nope mate he has already bouth the monitor
<

If you wan't gigabyte mobo then-GIGABYTE GA-H61M-D2-B3-3.5k,Fsp sagaii 350w is deactivated so it'd be better to get Fsp sagaii 400w,4gb ram will give give you better performance as to 2gb no need to cut on ram,evrything mentioned will be good enough.

Have to call delta in chennai to confirm this FPS saga is available or not ....wills tick to 4GB ram then.

Just googled and found out that G620 has inbuilt GPU so no need for onboard graphics
<

Have to call delta in chennai to confirm this FPS saga is available or not ....wills tick to 4GB ram then.

Sam000, just a piece of information. I found Delta to be little overpriced than the other shops in Ritchie street. I found them pricing atleast 50-100 rupees more on most of the items they have.

Sam000, just a piece of information. I found Delta to be little overpriced than the other shops in Ritchie street. I found them pricing atleast 50-100 rupees more on most of the items they have.

Yep but i can trust them .....any other trust worthy shops on ritchie street ? the reason i ask is i delt with pcps systems the shop that is on the main road ....those guys are horrible to say the least....from then on i only stick to delta.....one more thing i found is they can make rashi RMA process very easy:p

Yes you are right, Delta can push for warranty only on XFX and Coolermaster, but not on other stuff though. I usually do not stick to one particular shop, but Sun computers the shop on top of Moosa games gives you a good deal.

Infact my Gigabyte motherboard after 2 days of use was replaced within minutes with a brand new one from the same shop. PM me we will talk more about it.

^^well i got a brand new G5 in like mins from rashi after i contacted navin
<
.can you give contact details to that shop ?

G620 not avaialable with delta and hitachi 160GB is avalable for Rs 3650 ....that gigabyte mobo too is not available with delta but the intel one is available for Rs3400.

any other trust worthy shop in ritchie street guys ? pls give contact details also thanks.

thanks....yep i thought no one will answer that
<

neo in earlier post said to get these : Logitech Stereo Headset H110. for like Rs 300 ....this one you saying to buy is a lot more costly ....so its worth it ? the reason i ask is i have no idea thats why
<

Using the webcam and the headset. VFM i would say. You don't need to shell out extra bucks to get a headset. This webcam and headset combo will do just fine.

And yeah Flipkart delivers in quick time. Their service is excellent.

Back