Budget 51-70k PC for video editing and basic AE

joel.elias.333

Disciple
Hi,
I'm looking to build a PC in a month or so. It will mainly be used for video editing (Premiere Pro/Da Vinci) and basic AE. A bit of gaming and programming on the side perhaps.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50K - 60K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - An old HCL one as a second monitor
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Leaning to Ryzen 3500x. But willing to wait for another month if price drops due to newer models releasing.
    • GPU - Something Nvidia
    • RAM - 16gb is absolutely necessary. 32 gb preferred.
    • SSD is mandatory.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not anytime soon
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kochi/Bangalore. If there is a retail space like MD computers or primeabgb in either of these cities, do tell me. :)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Video editing (Premiere Pro/ Da vinci) and AE. Primarily 1080p. Might edit 4k using proxies.
    • Basic Programming
    • Basic Gaming
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No intel as I feel it is overpriced. Anything with a decent to good service is preferred.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FIFA, No man's sky etc
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10
    • Maybe Ubuntu

Last edited:
For video editing, I would prefer to give priority to CPU-RAM-STORAGE-GPU in that order.

You need everything and in this budget, I think the best you can get is Ryzen 3100 with decent dGPU (something like 1650). 3500X will overshoot your budget.
But I would prefer to drop dGPU in favour of Ryzen 4650G which is good enough for casual gaming and you have much powerful CPU for video editing than Ryzen 3100/3500X.

Back