Budget 41-50k PC for Video Editing

tumula

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • max 45K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2240l
    • GPU - Quadro k2000
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i7-3770
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • 2 x 8GB Corsair XMS3
    • Toshiba 1TB Enterprise HDD
    • PSU - antec VP450P
    • Any good Cabinet (Preferably with top cooling Fan)
    • Lite-on DVDRW
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No upgrade for the next 2 years at least. Only if needed
    • May be a BluRay writer
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • CTC, Secunderabad
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes ( Preferably with warranty and bill )
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Video Editing ( Adobe Premiere Pro )
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any Good Brand for which I can get support here in Hyderabad.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - none
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
  14. Thing Im confused and need more clarification
Which MotherBoard to choose z75 or z77 or h77. I am very confused with the mobo selection.
This config will be used for Adobe Premier Pro, Avid Media Composer etc. for Video Editing.
I need a CPU with max budget of 45k. Please suggest me some good configs.
Thank You.

Hi & welcome to TE @tumula

So you already have 2 components - the Dell2240L & a beauty 'Quadro K2000' .... then this is what I would suggest

Haswell build
Proc : i5-4670 ~ 14700/-
Motherboard : Chose between
Asus H87-Plus ~ 9000/-
or
Asus H87-Pro ~ 10100/-
prices for all the above check here
or MSI H87M-G43 64GB ~ 6555/-

RAM : 8GB Corsair ~ 4400 x 2 [You will need at least 16GB which will serve you well for video-editing & in case you do HD-Video editing you can add a further 8GB later]
PSU : Seasonic S12II 520W ~ 4500/-
Note: Do not settle for any other brand (psu)
HDD : Your Toshiba Enterprise 1TB
Note: You can add 2 or 3TB WD Drives later
DVD-R/W : 900
Cabinet : pending
[chose from here - Best PC Cases ]
Hope this helps

Terry

EDIT: It will be great if you can squeeze in an 128GB SSD - for overall speed & performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @terence_fdes,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. If I want to choose between Intel DZ68DB & MSI Z68A-GD65 Which One should I choose for i7-2600k ( A friend of mine is selling i7-2600k).
And for SMPS Seasonic is not available here. FSP500 for Rs.2500/- is available. Is that good?
For cabinet I am thinking of Antec One S3 (Rs.2500)
Thank you.

@tumula I don't think the Intel board will allow you to overclock. I know you don't want to, but with a K processor it seems criminal not to. MSI would allow you to but they seem to be pulling out of India so support might not be that great.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for SMPS Seasonic is not available here. FSP500 for Rs.2500/- is available. Is that good?
Doubt it. FSP hasn't made anything worthy at the entry level for quite a while now. Even the Antec VP450P is an FSP design. Try ordering online.

You can order the Seasonic from the link that I have given (theitwares/mumbai > ebay), they are very reliable.

What price are you getting the 2600k & is'nt your friend also offering you his motherboard ?

Thank you very much all of your responses.

@dafreaking
I will not overclock a bit.

@terence_fdes

i7-2600k @ 14k (1.5Y old), DZ68DB @ 4.5k (1Y old), MSI Z68A-GD65 @ 9.5k (Brand new from a shop)

@Crazy_Eddy
VP450p (Rs.2.7k) & FSP 500 (2.5K - only one n0. available) are available locally. which is best?

Seasonic warranty is not available locally.

@terence_fdes

i7-2600k @ 14k (1.5Y old), DZ68DB @ 4.5k (1Y old), MSI Z68A-GD65 @ 9.5k (Brand new from a shop)

This is not a good deal at all as you are hardly saving any money. Moreover the 2600K has reached EOL. If your friend gives it to you for 10k (including motherboard) then go for it. Otherwise go for Haswell i5-4670. This is my opinion. Would like to know what others think too. Also the Z68 boards are hardly comparable with the H87 boards (z68 too is EOL).

Frankly speaking, you should not have any problems at all with Seasonic PSU S12II 520W. It is solid and very robust & stable. However, in case you are worried then the choice is yours.

Only these (DZ68DB &MSI Z68A-GD65) two Mobos will support Hackintosh perfectly in case if I want to try Hackintosh (I heard this news yesterday).

Only these (DZ68DB &MSI Z68A-GD65) two Mobos will support Hackintosh perfectly in case if want to tryl Hackintosh (I heard this news yesterday).

Your 'friend' is definitely ripping you off on the price. Don't go for the Sandy Bridge.

If you want to build a Hackintosh go for Gigabyte boards. I think there is an Ivy bridge processor and compatible motherboard available in the For Sale section. I don't think it is worth the headache to get non Gigabyte stuff working properly as a Hackintosh.

Also, listen to the advice and get a proper power supply. Skimping on a couple of thousand rupees will end up costing you more if you buy poor quality stuff.

Back