Budget 21-30k PC from a friend , suggestions needed

Hi guys , you helped me a lot in choosing my PC , so need your help in helping out a friend to choose his PC because he has asked for it . ALPHA17 , Jakob , cyberwarfare
Also sorry for the big note below the template but trying to explain it properly .

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 25k , max 30k but in 25k would be sweet
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - 3rd gen intel quad
    • Motherboard - anything except asus and intel ( his requirement )
    • GPU - NA
    • RAM - 4-6gb Ram
    • Monitor - NA
    • SMPS - cheapest and sturdiest , it is difficult to convince him to go for a good smps , he is asking for a generic one available with cabinet . So the cheapest Corsair will do which can do the job .
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Only CPU components , rest all are there .
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel 3rd gen quad I series
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    a. More ram is needed
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Lamington Road
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • HD movies viewing and downloading updates etc
    • Basic software use , Rarely photoshop
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No intel or asus motherboard
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NA , no games at all
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1600*900
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit , Windows 8
    • Linux - Mandriva

The main preference in on getting a very good processor . There will be no overclocking , he was thinking of an i7 3770 and a cheap motherboard but I feel a bit uncomfortable on compromising on motherboard , but you guys give your opinion on that , one request is if possible , give two suggestions , one with an i5 and one with an i7 . It is difficult to convince him to buy an SMPS and a decent cabinet , he feels the cheaper ones - 1.5 k ( max ) should be spent on both . But I know thats a disaster , please suggest a decent cabinet and the cheapest Corsair or equivalent PSU that will do that job , if all fits the 25k marks , would be very nice , if difficult , then 30k . But I dont want him to overspend on getting something he does not need or wont use that much . I am not sure if a Z77 is needed here but again need your opinion .
And dont worry , this thread wont be long as mine :angel: .

Thanks and cheers

Here you go mate --

Intel Core i5 3450 ~11500/- OR Core i3 3220 ~7000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair 4GB x2 1600MHz Vengeance ~3200/-
NZXT Source Elite 210 ~2500/-
Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Just out of curiosity, why does your friend need a quad-core if he is simply using the PC for day to day use?

well to be honest, seeing your friends day to day needs, i would not suggest an intel based pc at all
i would suggest you look into getting an amd e350 based chip/mobo and pair it with a small ssd.
that combination will be far more potent for your friend than an intel quad based system given his needs.

^Also Corsair Value Ram will be good enough no need to go for Corsair Vengeance for that rig.Sticking to i3 3220 or less is good enough for OP's friend.

i would suggest you look into getting an amd e350 based chip/mobo and pair it with a small ssd.

Chaos and Cranky have said in earlier posts that the AMD E350 platform is too anaemic in current generation and cannot even cope with all the 1080p formats.

Not a good choice in the long run. But let us just wait for what Harry's friend replies us.

Chaos and Cranky have said in earlier posts that the AMD E350 platform is too anaemic in current generation and cannot even cope with all the 1080p formats.

Not a good choice in the long run. But let us just wait for what Harry's friend replies us.

the 350 platform does have a problem coping with 1080p@60fps but it plays 30fps just fine. i recommended the setup as i harry's friend does not want a FHD screen but a 1600x900 screen. The low power consumption of the combo is an added benefit i feel.

the 350 platform does have a problem coping with 1080p@60fps but it plays 30fps just fine. i recommended the setup as i harry's friend does not want a FHD screen but a 1600x900 screen. The low power consumption of the combo is an added benefit i feel.

Fully agreed.

Thanks Jakob

Here you go mate --

Intel Core i5 3450 ~11500/- OR Core i3 3220 ~7000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair 4GB x2 1600MHz Vengeance ~3200/-
NZXT Source Elite 210 ~2500/-
Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Just out of curiosity, why does your friend need a quad-core if he is simply using the PC for day to day use?

Quad core because he wants it to be future proof , he is going to keep thing for a long long time . I tried to explain him the same thing that i3 is very good for day to day use but he does not wanna budge on that . I just talked to him , i5 hi chahiye !! .

well to be honest, seeing your friends day to day needs, i would not suggest an intel based pc at all
that combination will be far more potent for your friend than an intel quad based system given his needs.

Hi bro , I agree with Abhay here , I ve the E350 myself , its really lacking even in processing power in some departments .
He is total newbie in hardware , he would never agree to an SSD , although I quote you " SSD makes much more difference in many things even day to day computing than any other thing , so its totally worth it " , but its difficult to convince people on it considering its high price .

Lower power consumption is a huge benefit without a doubt , but this guy has made up his mind on a 3rd gen i5 , so difficult to convince him on a E350 .

He is even now not understanding the need for good PSU , he says he has clean power supply in his area and also not ready to spend on cabinet , has an old iball one . He just says he only needs a mobo , ram and proccy . :|

Sorry forgot : Thanks @ALPHA17 and @cyberwarfare :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back