PC Game Prices Increased In India, Most Titles Now Cost Rs 1499

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Recently it was rumored that EA is looking to increase the prices of PC games in India.

Now the game prices have been increased and most new PC game titles have their price tags increased to Rs 1499. Prices of PC games from other publishers like Ubisoft have also increased. The reason is due to falling INR value.

Online retailer Flipkart has increased the prices of all upcoming titles which are on pre-orders including titles like Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag etc. Those who have already pre-ordered the games will get the game at older price but for new orders, buyers will have to pay higher prices.

This is certainly bad news for PC gamers in India. Gamers can leave their thoughts in comments.

I'll wait for lower prices on steam, only games i'd be excited to play day one will be Witcher 3 and HL3 (if that ever comes out).

I hate EA. They dont keep servers in india for their games and just increase the price :(

I dont mind if they charge 3k for BF3 normal pack, but please have indian servers atleast :(

@ACidBaseD, agree.. We at least need couple of BF3 servers so that we can play on low pings.. It's like purchase game worth 2-3k and do nothing with it :S

Last edited by a moderator:
I think pc game prices have increased everywhere. $50 used to be the most common. Now, many are retailing for $60. Our exchange rate has also piled on the pressure.

Our exchange rate is causing a lot more trouble than we can think off. Wonder when will it stabilize into the standard 50's. I'm assuming it also applies to xbox/ps3 too right?

PS3/XBOX360 titles are imported which is why the prices are usually kept in lieu with the international prices. So if the rupee value falls, the prices will obviously have to go up.

But many of the PC games have special Indian/Asian editions made separately by the local publishers. The prices are kept lower to cater to the Indian market. PC games which costs $60 in retail in US were so far being sold for a price anywhere between Rs 300 to 1200 which translated to $6 ~ $24 when the dollar was hovering around 50Rs. Now with the increase in dollar value, that has reduced to $5~20. Even with the increase in price to 1500, the price still translates to $25.

In any case, I don't think the lower prices were helping that much. 90% of the people in our country still like to pirate a game that costs as low as Rs 300~500. The people who buy legit versions would anyway buy them even if the price is increased from 1000/1200 to 1500.

I hate EA. They dont keep servers in india for their games and just increase the price :(

I dont mind if they charge 3k for BF3 normal pack, but please have indian servers atleast :(

Indian servers were there initially but eventually phased out as most of those servers was empty.

PS3/XBOX360 titles are imported which is why the prices are usually kept in lieu with the international prices. So if the rupee value falls, the prices will obviously have to go up.

But many of the PC games have special Indian/Asian editions made separately by the local publishers. The prices are kept lower to cater to the Indian market. PC games which costs $60 in retail in US were so far being sold for a price anywhere between Rs 300 to 1200 which translated to $6 ~ $24 when the dollar was hovering around 50Rs. Now with the increase in dollar value, that has reduced to $5~20. Even with the increase in price to 1500, the price still translates to $25.

In any case, I don't think the lower prices were helping that much. 90% of the people in our country still like to pirate a game that costs as low as Rs 300~500. The people who buy legit versions would anyway buy them even if the price is increased from 1000/1200 to 1500.
'The Last of Us' (standard edition) disc and box screams - 'Made in India'.

IIRC - There were some articles a year or 2 back saying that Sony would produce PS3 games in India and if that is the case I think PS3 games should get cheaper not more expensive.

Back