dsc03099j.jpg

dsc03105s.jpg

dsc03109o.jpg

dsc03123w.jpg

dsc03130.jpg

dsc03135t.jpg

dsc03137d.jpg

f'''''''''' awesome man..

Damn good.I went to Prime few days ago and i was really confused between CM 690 and this beauty.After thinking for 30 mins i finally decided to go for CM 690 due to limitation of my Cabinet.

Very well setup bro..Still required some cable management

:D

Thanks guys! :) Well I had was forced into buying the psu because the older one i had didn't have enough cable length! (Pic 8)

I plan to buy a better thermal compound and redo the cooler installation. Thats why I haven't yet bothered much about he cable management. Most of the loose wires seen are that of the fans

Killer setup :D Thats sure is a Blue Monster.

The white dvd bezel looks awful :| replace it with black, I think front cover can be changed in most optical writers.

And I expected better management in Tempest :) Try doing it again later with cable ties. One of the images shows decent management but considering its a tempest you can get it done in much better way ;)

I know I know! Its just an ancient cd writer which i'm gonna remove! I wanna look at how others have gone about with the cable management so that I get some ideas

Haha! :D Just 2 people? Okay so lemme tell you. I got this from my cousin. By 'get' I mean get literally! I told him I'd pay him but he said it was no probie! So basically, (Cheap thinking, I know!) I got it FREE of cost! :D :D

I rewired the board again and bundled the cables properly this time. Also removed the white cd player and got a dozen scratches and cuts on the fingers.

Note to self: Be VERY careful with solder points

So a few more Pics!

dsc03144o.jpg

dsc03147y.jpg

dsc03148s.jpg

dsc03150.jpg

dsc03152y.jpg

dsc03149.jpg

Yes. The HDD and optical drive bays are screwless. But the pci-e slots bays aren't.

Did a tiny mod. Replaced the green HDD LED with a blue one. Whoever chose the green led for this case must've been colorblind or something.

How did you replace the green HDD LED to BLUE one? is it easy mod?

here is my case.. looks almost same as urs as same DVD-RW ;)

just took the Pic:

Will clean my cabby tomorrow :D

G@d of w@r said:
I have the same case and it rocks :D congrats.. 2nd NZXT TEMPEST on TE!!

Not really if you care to look around! stormblast has one, funky'd one AFAIK.

@Aces: Close to 6k.

@OP: Money well spent! Beautiful enclosure which pwns all the CM690s and 590s for a slightly higher expense. And a good PSU as well. Congrats!

G@d of w@r said:
How did you replace the green HDD LED to BLUE one? is it easy mod?

Yes. Very easy. Just remove the front bezel and pull out the green led from the socket and replace it with a blue one.

14v78l0.jpg

I salvaged the blue led along with the wire and connector from my old case. Since the power led is directly connected to the psu, its pins on the motherboard are free. You can use it for getting additional lighting.

I'm also gonna make a 3 pin "Y" splitters. There are 6 fans but only 4 headers on my mobo. Bought the components today. Will start tmrw. Total cost = Rs.20 !

Get yourself an industrial blower or something! :O Are those green stuff vegetation?! :p

Back