PC hardware recommendations

Hi, I am looking to purchase pc hardware and accessories on prime day, July 20 and 21. I have shortlisted a list already, but I would like to know what you guys would recommend before I purchase, hence the post.

This is my current setup -
1)CPU : Intel Core i5 6500
2)Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 mhz 8 GB stick
3)Motherboard : Gigabyte H110M s2
4)GPU : 1060 3GB
5)Case : Corsair 100R

1.Ram - I have a 6th gen intel processor and a entry level motherboard with a 8 gb 2400 corsair vengeance stick in my system. I want to make it a dual memory system obviously but cannot find a ram of the same model, seems it got decommissioned. I have heard that even a 3200 ram would be downclocked by the system automatically, but I don't want any future niggling problems, so I was thinking of purchasing these two 3200 corsair vengeance sticks.

2.CPU cooler - CPU gets heated up a lot with the stock cooler, so replacing it is a top priority. This is the one I shortlisted.
While we are on this topic, if you guys got any good recommendation for case fans, it'd be great, as I just have the one in my corsair 100r right now, so...

3.SSD - Sata SSD is the only option and I think I won't go wrong with the crucial mx500 1 tb ssd

4.Mouse - Logitech g502

5.Keyboard - HP generic mech keyboard and Kreo, I am leaning towards the HP as keyboard is not really a priority and it lasting long is more important (HP has 3 years warranty)

6. Headphone - Hyperx1 and Hyperx2 ,it all depends on the discount

7.Monitor - Viewsonic 180hz ips full hd or the Benq 165 hz VA panel. My purpose for this setup is purely for gaming as I have my work laptop. Movies and light browsing are the only other tasks I will be doing besides gaming. If the more expensive Benq monitors get heavily discounted, then I will just get that which is in my budget at that time.

8. Controller - PowerA Advantage controller, officially licensed by xbox. I would have preferred a ps2 layout, but I couldn't find one for pc

2.CPU cooler - CPU gets heated up a lot with the stock cooler, so replacing it is a top priority. This is the one I shortlisted.
You can also check this one, has 120mm fan instead of 90mm one in the your selection.
Price seems to be similar, you can check once during the sale.

7.Monitor - Viewsonic 180hz ips full hd or the Benq 165 hz VA panel. My purpose for this setup is purely for gaming as I have my work laptop. Movies and light browsing are the only other tasks I will be doing besides gaming. If the more expensive Benq monitors get heavily discounted, then I will just get that which is in my budget at that time.
Keep an eye on the this acer nitro monitors as well, you might be able to get them during the sale.

Keep an eye on the this acer nitro monitors as well, you might be able to get them during the sale.
Thanks for your recommendation, I have added it to my list of probable monitors to buy (fingers crossed it will be in stock during the sale)

You can also check this one, has 120mm fan instead of 90mm one in the your selection.
Price seems to be similar, you can check once during the sale.
That was good of you to point out I had selected a 90mm one instead of a 120mm (I just checked for the socket compatibility). Taking a look at the products again I have decided to go with this cooler master fan, as it is a reputed brand and the product has 2 years of warranty over the antec one you had linked.

- Don't buy from amazon https://techenclave.com/threads/amazon-india-feedback-thread.150066/
- Try cleaning the current CPU fan first before buying a new one.
- Logitech is bullshit quality these days. if you search you'll find dozens of complaints of button issues.
- Thanks for providing the link, amazon tends to do this kind of shenanigans from time to time. But, in my personal experience, it has always delivered on premium electronic products (I bought my entire pc components from amazon). And budget is an issue too, which is why I am targeting the sale.
- I have done that, used a good thermal paste and yet the temps have not dropped as much as they should have. I can only guess the intel stock cooler is not efficient at heat dissipation at this point.
- I have checked the reviews, but I will do take another look at it. However, once again, in my personal experience, logitech has always delivered, I have the G402 right now. It is the hero sensor which makes the difference, in my opinion. If you have a alternative which is upto the quality and my budget, do recommend. I will surely take a look at it, this is the very reason I made the post, to get the best out of this sale :)

Back