CPU/Mobo PC keeps restarting after BIOS but before Windows starts

bootlooph

Recruit
I am having a big problem with my PC right now. It keeps restarting 4-5 seconds after BIOS screen and before Windows boots. While Windows 7 was running, I inserted my earphone on the back of the PC and it restarted and went into a loop. I can boot into BIOS just fine and can also successfully boot into a live Linux USB without any problems. I can access my HDD files without any problems from it. I recently installed Windows 10 on a different partition. That's the only change I did recently.
Please help.

Try shutting down the PC and inserting and removing the earphone plug into the same socket, or use a brush/blow into the socket to clear our any dirt that may be causing some sort of short circuit.

If you can go into BIOS settings, disable the audio chip setting and see if you can boot.

Check nothing else in BIOS settings have changed, like boot order etc.

If you have changed/updated any disks, see if you have kept them in the same slots as before (same order)

Try shutting down the PC and inserting and removing the earphone plug into the same socket, or use a brush/blow into the socket to clear our any dirt that may be causing some sort of short circuit.

If you can go into BIOS settings, disable the audio chip setting and see if you can boot.

Check nothing else in BIOS settings have changed, like boot order etc.

If you have changed/updated any disks, see if you have kept them in the same slots as before (same order)
Mentioned Works fine without any issue with LIVE LINUX. May be windows boot repair / chkdsk may helpful !!

Oops yep...[DOUBLEPOST=1452318106][/DOUBLEPOST]I would still check any loose connections, and the earphone socket cleaning in case of any short circuit.

Back