CPU/Mobo PC not booting; no display

karmyster

Disciple
Hi all

Please help me with my desktop as it is not booting.

0 sec ----> Power on (Fans, drives are working but no display)
10 sec later ---> Restarts (Fans, drives are working but no display)

There is no beep sound and I have confirmed that speaker is connected.

Have tried individual RAM, different PSU, new CMOS but no change.

This booting issue has been happening for past 1 week. It will not boot but if I turn off UPS and turn on again it used to start. It crashed 2 days ago (BSOD) and now it is not starting.

I had recently connected SSD so had made change in BIOS from IDE to AHCI; maybe I inadvertently changed something else. If this is the issue I'm not able to identify or correct it.

Please advise me what I need to do.

Config:
Proc: Core 2 Duo E6400
Mobo: Intel DG35EC
Ram: 2x1GB modules(Corsair XMS2)
HDD: 250GB, 1TB (Seagate), OCZ Vertex2 120GB
GPU: XFX GTS 250
PSU: Corsair vx550
UPS: ICE 1KVa
Thanks

This looks like a hardware problem with that intel board.check out for bulgy or leaking capacitors.But most probably it's a manufacturing defect and should RMA it as soon as possible,if the warranty exists.

Thanks all for suggestions. The board is old one and out of warranty I guess. I was hoping this was an issue with the BIOS which can be solved with less effort.

Do what I said,check the capacitors,they may be giving up.And if possible try read their names and post back here.

PS:In the first place it's not seeming to be a BIOS problem,that's why am insisting you to check the caps.

Am not able to see anything wrong with the capacitors, tried with different RAM but still facing same issue. I hope that only the board is at fault so I can replace it and move on..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Take a look very carefully at the caps.You might be missing one of them.For a motherboard this old it could be the caps.

If caps are alright,then take it to technician,there might some other things wrong.

1) Might be a Mobo issue. Try with a different Mobo keeping the rest of the components same.

2) Remove the SSD and try a HDD (from a friend) with preloaded OS / different HDD and use live OS

Took the PC to local tech and he says the mobo needs to be replaced. He is recommending another Intel board.

Guys please suggest a cheap and reliable replacement. I need 6 USB ports, 1 PCI, 1 PCIx16, IDE port and 3 useable SATA ports (after installing GFX)

Current components:
Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13Ghz
Corsair XMS2 1GB x 2
HardDrive x 3
XFX GTS 250
Corsair VX550
Atheros Wireless PCI card
Samsung DVD writer (IDE)

I would like to spend a max of 3.5-4k. Am not confident of Intel boards; please suggest alternatives. Would be good if I could get a board that allows me to do a little overclocking.

Thanks

karmyster said:
Took the PC to local tech and he says the mobo needs to be replaced. He is recommending another Intel board.

Guys please suggest a cheap and reliable replacement. I need 6 USB ports, 1 PCI, 1 PCIx16, IDE port and 3 useable SATA ports (after installing GFX)

Current components:
Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13Ghz
Corsair XMS2 1GB x 2
HardDrive x 3
XFX GTS 250
Corsair VX550
Atheros Wireless PCI card
Samsung DVD writer (IDE)

I would like to spend a max of 3.5-4k. Am not confident of Intel boards; please suggest alternatives. Would be good if I could get a board that allows me to do a little overclocking.

Thanks
Please advise me; looking to get something cheap and reliable. Any suggestions would be great help.
Thanks

PC restarting over n over without beep or display is ram i think. Cause I used to get that often. Take out rams n clean the slot as well. and use an eraser and erase the golden tips of the ram sticks. It worked for me. Give it a shot.

Back