CPU/Mobo PC not booting when side intake fan is connected

Okay, so today I upgraded my RAM from 16 GB (2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz) to 32 GB (Adata Gammix XPG 4x8GB 3200 MHz) and my PC didn't boot.
Motherboard was showing yellow LED which meant there is some issue with the RAM sticks.

So I opened the case and rechecked if the sticks are placed properly or not and one stick felt little loose. Upon forcing it, it got stuck properly and the PC boot up fine.
I then closed the case and it again didn't boot. I removed the side intake fan cable and it boot up again.

Can someone help me identifying why after connecting the side intake fan, it doesn't boot up?
Initially I thought that it might be that the SMPS isn't able to provide adequate power but then again, the PC is just booting up, there is no way that the GPU is consuming 290W at boot so I ruled it out. Also, 2 more sticks of RAM would add a little less than 6W to the total power required so that also rules it out.

My PC config is
Ryzen 7 1700 at stock speeds with stock cooler
Asus ROG Strix B350-f mobo
32 GB RAM (4x8GB)
RTX 3070 TI (290 Watts at full load) [Recommended SMPS for this card is 750W but as I have a Gold rated 650 W SMPS I didn't upgrade it]
Corsair TX650M semi modular SMPS
3 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan
1 M.2 SSD and 1 SATA SSD, 3 x 3.5" HDDs

1) remove side cover, plug fan with side cover removed, start computer . see if it starts?
2) Check if MB and CPU cables are seated completely into the MB. (remove any extension cables if being used between PSU and MB and connect directly) see if it starts
3) Try another Fan in same port?
4) remove all 3 HDD and then see if with side fan and cover installed it starts ?

First try only with basic components like cpu/mobo/ram/primary boot storage and gpu.

If is runs fine then try connecting fans one by one. Also, you haven't mentioned if fan is 4 pin and connected to the mobo directly or via some molex connector.

Thanks for the help guys.
I did some tests like you said and here is what I got.

1. Removed the left window along with the intake fan and it boot up. I then installed the left window and fan and it didn't boot up.
2. I removed the left window but connected the intake fan and it boot up. So I installed the left window and intake fan and it didn't boot up.
3. Removed the left window and intake fan and the right window as well and it boot up. Installed everything and it didn't boot up.
4. Installed the left window and intake fan but removed the right window only and it boot up.

I am guessing it is about time I get a new Cabinet. :p

Note: I didn't try other diagnostic steps as the above were enough to tell that the cabinet is the issue. Correct me if I am wrong. Although I did check all the cables to see if any is loose.

2. I removed the left window but connected the intake fan and it boot up. So I installed the left window and intake fan and it didn't boot up.
This is the problem. Installing left window presses on something (e.g. cables) or pulls something and some connections get loose. Are cables managed properly ? All tucked in ? If you send a picture, someone here may guess a solution.

If you get a new cabinet, it would initially not face this problem, but eventually if cables are a mess you will face a similar issue in the new cabinet also.

Okay guys, so I just did another test and here are some observations.

1. Installed 4 sticks on 4 slots and it boots up sometimes and sometimes, it doesn't. It doesn't matter if the left and right windows are attached or not.
2. Installed 2 sticks on slot 1 and 3 and it boots.
3. Installed 2 sticks on slot 2 and 4 and it boots.

Should I remove battery, add again and retry?

I suggest you remove every component from the case, assemble it one by one outside on a table or the motherboard box, and test it out.
If your components boot up fine and function without any issues, the then cabinet is the root cause.
If there are still boot issues outside the cabinet, then some of your components/bios settings need to be looked closely for potential issues to narrow down the problem.
Hope this helps.

Tried resetting the BIOS last night as suggested by a member here and it boot up fine. Worked for some hours and then I shut down the system.
In the morning, I installed both the windows and it boot up fine. The RAM is running at 2666 MHz but at least I am able to utilize those 32 gigs.

Just checked the QVL list and unfortunately, my new RAM sticks aren't listed there in any config. The old ones are listed.

I guess I just need to exchange these now with compatible sticks.
One thing I still can't comprehend is that sometimes it boots with 4 sticks and runs fine until I turn it off. Why does it work even then if the sticks aren't compatible in the QVL list?
QVL list does not have to include all compatible sticks or processors . At the time of publishing they can skip for sure .

QVL list does not have to include all compatible sticks or processors . At the time of publishing they can skip for sure .
Didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.
I would just try and test these sticks at 2666 MHz for now and if all seems good after a few days, I am gonna run these at 2666 and not 3200

Okay, so after some days of testing and few blue screen errors and boot issues, I guess it isn't gonna work for me.
Would really need to exchange these with something compatible. Let me know guys if you come across anyone looking for an exchange.

So many threads are coming against ryzen issues around. Seemss intel is the way to go..rock stable!
Don't know buddy. Have been using it for 4 years now without any major issue 9at least for me as I don't play games. Had a single issue where the PC would stutter for like 2 seconds and any open folder would close but that got fixed later with windows updates. Besides this single issue, never had any. I know this would affect those who game but for me I managed to live with it.

And afaik, this issue was only present in the first gen ryzen as I have 3 colleagues who were on ryzen. Only one who had the first gen had similar issue like me. Other 2 didn't face any issue.
You upgraded ram size and downgraded ram quality. Use old ram if the upgrade is not critical.
Yeah, I have switched to the old sticks for now but unfortunately I need those extra 16 gigs because of the 3D work that I do.
Don't know if I would rather point it on RAM quality but I should have checked the QVL list. That was my mistake.

Don't know buddy. Have been using it for 4 years now without any major issue 9at least for me as I don't play games. Had a single issue where the PC would stutter for like 2 seconds and any open folder would close but that got fixed later with windows updates. Besides this single issue, never had any. I know this would affect those who game but for me I managed to live with it.

And afaik, this issue was only present in the first gen ryzen as I have 3 colleagues who were on ryzen. Only one who had the first gen had similar issue like me. Other 2 didn't face any issue.

Yeah, I have switched to the old sticks for now but unfortunately I need those extra 16 gigs because of the 3D work that I do.
Don't know if I would rather point it on RAM quality but I should have checked the QVL list. That was my mistake.
Get Corsairs. 16GB x 2 sticks if you can. Multiple sticks tend to have issues.

Haha. Not possible buddy. Don't have enough money to keep nuying RAM sticks. One main reason to buy these adata sticks was non availability of CL15 corsair sticks. I thought I would get other sticks and sell the corsair ones but never thought I would get stuck in a situation like thia.
Now I can only hope that someone comes forward for exchange or I can keep using my old RAM sticks and keep the new ones for future.

Back