CPU/Mobo PC Problem

tech_savy

Disciple
Hello guys.My cousin is having problem with his branded acer desktop.The pc is about 1.5 years old.When he presses the power button some type of beep noise comes and the pc does not start.I thought that the ram must not be working so i tried using my friends ram but there was the same problem.What should be done??

Take out the ram and start the PC. You will then start hearing loud beeps. Shutdown the PC. That means your SMPS is fine. After that install the RAM back and start it. If it still does not start. Try using 1 single ram stick in different slots. If you are having 2 sticks then use the 2nd stick in different slots and so on. You will know which one is failing. If still it does not start you will have to take it to a technician who will check the motherboard. Don't take it to acer they are the worst people for after sales service once the warranty has expired. You can also check whether the CPU fan is starting or not. If it is not that may also be a problem. Also post your PC config.

Back