CPU/Mobo PC reboot problem....

PPl nned ur help ....
m having a problem with the restart option...
whenever i restart my PC my system keeps on working but my monitor shows no display....
also when playing games many a times the games hangs in between......:huh:
my current config is:
EG31S2 + E500 + 2*1 GB G-Skill PC6400 + XFX 8600 GT
+ chieftech 450 Watts PSU........
also many a times my system reboots in between and the only way to make my pc start again is to hit the Cabby....:rofl:
Plse help me out....
m having doubt with the PSU????????
waiting for ur suggestions......
Thanx & Regards,
Manpreet Singh

Try connecting it to the onboard card and booting. If it works fine/faster response your problem is the PSU. Most generic 450W PSU start coming to their limit once you add even a low end standalone GPU.
Secondly, im assuming you've checked all temps and they are fine. Use the PC health status in gigabyte bios to check CPU temperature and GPU-Z under windows to check GPU temperature.
The PSU is mostly the problem though. Borrow a friend's to verify. In anycase, replace that PSU asap before it fries something.

PS: Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing, check your RAM as suggested by Sidhu in the post below. Check if it boots properly with each memory stick. Way to go about it is check first stick with both slots, then the same for the next.

I Had The Same Problem A Long Time Ago...Do What SidhuPunjab Said...Especially The Automatic restart....worked for me after that.....

yohanns23 said:
I Had The Same Problem A Long Time Ago...Do What SidhuPunjab Said...Especially The Automatic restart....worked for me after that.....
but it didnt worked for me.........
ppl need sum more suggestions........

^^nice suggestion :eek:hyeah: LOL He is willing to troubleshoot the problem himself & u r giving the suggestion to get it repaired by a repairer :)

@sudan_rulz
Have u checked ur PSU?

Back