PC Software for finding duplicate files

Pyception

Disciple
I am looking for something that help finding duplicates file with similar names.. like techenclave1.jpg, techenclage.jpg, techenclave123.jpg
What software would you recommend to find dupes? Duplicate files might have different lengths so CRC search will not work.

I have total commander but I'm not sure if its search function is as powerful.

I also use Total Commander and have used it's duplicate file finder on occasions and have found it to suffice my needs.
I didn't understand your statement "Duplicate files might have different lengths so CRC search will not work"
Files will be duplicate only if the contents match right?
Could you please explain your requirement in detail?

I am looking for something that help finding duplicates file with similar names.. like techenclave1.jpg, techenclage.jpg, techenclave123.jpg
What software would you recommend to find dupes? Duplicate files might have different lengths so CRC search will not work.

I have total commander but I'm not sure if its search function is as powerful.
scooter software beyond compare
A little different but used this to sort out my entire family collection.. videos/images which had names generated by camera/digicam file format

I think @Pyception is looking for something that shows files with the same name, not necessarily duplicates. I expect Czkawka can do this, but I found its UI intimidating so I have no experience with it - my usual go to is CloneSpy, which can do what OP is looking for. However, it does have a limitation in that it can't work with file paths longer than 258 characters.

You can use a app called "everything". It is not a dedicated duplicate finding app, but it searches entire computer for files with same name and displays them with their locations.
Other than this there are dedicated duplicate finders already mentioned above.

Back