Pc turns off automatically without BSOD every 45,30,15,10 mins automatically Windows 7 os

Futureized

Skilled
Problem started since yesterday morning.
I dont know what and where is wrong, called a Hardware Guy yesterday who tried everything and it was fixed for 2+ hours.
According to him, my electrical wiring has issues..

Its a big/heavy cabinet and cannot move, since its in my bedroom.

Configuration:
I have a 750 watts PSU and rest is attached.

It also turns off automatically, when kept on BIOS screen on the above mentioned time..
Got a Main Bios corrupt message, which was restored from backup bios..

Can someone please shred some light ? I need the PC this week, for kids school.. but the automatically shut off, with no messsage etc. is confusing..

Request for help please, I will restart PC now to check if everything is fine.

Edit:
Saving first, so if pc crashes details are shared here.
PC restarted fine, kindly help, i will check this topic from mobile phone..

Ty.

Attachments

• PC CONFIG.png
    PC CONFIG.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
can you do one thing. check the cpu temperatures with HWinFO64
check the temperatures if they are good and still you get the shutdown then do the below things and test.

1) Reset the bios by removing the cmos battery. keep the battery out for 10 mins or so, then reconnect and then test.
2) Try to run the pc on linux via usb drive as linux gives option for try before installation.
3) If above two things not solving issue, then try to check psu by replacing it with someone else psu.
4) if psu is also not the issue then you migth have to check with failing HDD / SSD or corrupt OS installation.

do this and also try to share the error message. it can be anything ...

Thanks starting with hwinfo (technically i dont know what i am doing but following your instructions).
Attached is the first screenshot after PC BOOT around 2 minutes.
Edit: Is there anyway i can log the data or save to file which hwinfo is running in backgroud ?

1) Reset the bios by removing the cmos battery. keep the battery out for 10 mins or so, then reconnect and then test.
Answer - I have not done this yet will do once pc shutdown.

2) Try to run the pc on linux via usb drive as linux gives option for try before installation.
Answer - Can you please guide which linux should i download ? I have a 16GB kingston pendrive.

3) If above two things not solving issue, then try to check psu by replacing it with someone else psu.
Answer - Dont have a backup PSU..

4) if psu is also not the issue then you migth have to check with failing HDD / SSD or corrupt OS installation.
Will check this too.

Thanks again.

Info 1
Its been more then 40 minutes, pc has not yet shut down..
Info 2
Been more then 1 hour no shut down yet..
PC shut down after 1 hours few minutes screenshot of hwinfo attached
named as: shot 2 hwinfo after pc shutdow screenshot after removing battery turning off for 10 minutes now
Infoe 3
booted without battery, restarted os, and screenshot after 15 minutes
named as: shot 3 after removing battery for 15 minutes

Stage 2:
Been 10 minutes since removing batter and trying again.. as posted above.. Waiting..

Been like 1 hour again.. no crashes.. after battery thing removed/replaced power point in.out.
Posting other hwifinfo details after 1 hour:
named as: shot 4 - hwinfor readings 4
is the old battery a reason ? small button like thing ?

Attachments

• shot 1 hwinfo.png
    shot 1 hwinfo.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 130
  • shot 2 hwinfo after pc shutdow screenshot after removing battery turning off for 10 minutes now.png
    shot 2 hwinfo after pc shutdow screenshot after removing battery turning off for 10 minutes now.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 106
  • shot 3 after removing battery for 15 minutes.png
    shot 3 after removing battery for 15 minutes.png
    200.3 KB · Views: 98
  • shot 4 - hwinfor readings 4.png
    shot 4 - hwinfor readings 4.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
use CoreTemp and let us know what temperature it shows. also if you get an stable run for more than an hour after battery removal, try to change the battery ( I am not sure but this can also help ).

Normally your issue seems to be of thermal shutdown. else an hardware failure thing.

Definitely it's thermal issue or may be PSU. you can try cleaning the fans check if it's all working fine but as your Hardware guy concluded it's your faulty wiring.
why not try your system with a different wall socket may be other room ?

Shut down 1
Was writing a long post but pc shut down Started PC, after being off for 20 hours, it got shut down in 15-20 mins,
Fyi - now started again after 5 minutes, with the cmos battery removed.

Shut down 2
Shut Down Again 2nd time, after removing cmos battery pc was on for 30-35 minutes, added cmos battery again and turned on.

What is thermal issue ? and How to fix it.. not really expert into advanced hardware, can add/remove drives, ram, gpu etc. now much.. but know few trusted hardware guys, who work for our company.

use CoreTemp and let us know what temperature it shows. also if you get an stable run for more than an hour after battery removal, try to change the battery ( I am not sure but this can also help ).

Normally your issue seems to be of thermal shutdown. else an hardware failure thing.
I have hwinfo installed link you send for coretemp appears to be same ? please check ?
this is the link i found for coretemp if proper let me know https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
Installed coretemp from alcpu site
Agree with @princeoo7 . Check if all the fans are spinning. Especially the one on the CPU and in the power supply. Giving it a blowjob... i mean the kind that's given with a blower could sort the issues sometimes.
There can probably be a dust issue, I had same issue last year and hardware technician using a blower cleaned every part replacing from machine, it worked like charm.
I was having far cry primal issues..

But this time I am able to play far cry primal properly.. so gpu dust may not be problem.

Edit again:
Just added coretemp screensot..
After 2 shutdowns.

Attachments

• 1 coretemp shot.png
    1 coretemp shot.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
hardware issue then. mostly psu :sweatsmile:
:( was afraid of this.. My psu is atleast 5 years old, can that be repaired ? and how long max it can take ?
I have other 1000 watts psu same condition posted few years ago..

Cant afford a new PSU.. (pc was gift from boss's kid)
Shall dust cleaning help ?
Been 1 hour now and no shut down soo far,

Ty @princeoo7

:( was afraid of this.. My psu is atleast 5 years old, can that be repaired ? and how long max it can take ?
I have other 1000 watts psu same condition posted few years ago..

Cant afford a new PSU.. (pc was gift from boss's kid)
Shall dust cleaning help ?
Been 1 hour now and no shut down soo far,

Ty @princeoo7
Repair is possible if the capacitor issue is what we have but then again it’s not recommended. Also it’s hard to find the right guy in all places so that’s a situation based condition.

if it’s running fine now then keep it. Try to test with some one else psu. That will clear out most of the issue. If you don’t have it, go to PC repair shop and ask them tho do the test. Always happy to help

Thank You day 3, started working on pc, will post when it turns off.
Edit: Tried to change ram from slot3 to slot 2 and got this BSOD..

After this added ram to slot 1, pc was not booting, came till error code 15 and off, then again start till code 15.....

Now ram is in slot 4, been 5 minutes.

Added coretemp screenshot too.

FYI - I have disconnected 1 TB drive from system, it has lot of crucial data and cannot risk same..

Attachments

• 2 coretemp shot.png
    2 coretemp shot.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 101
  • bsod after changing ram from slot 3 to slot 1.jpg
    bsod after changing ram from slot 3 to slot 1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Once again I request you to check for any loose wall socket connection, also unplug and plug again your smps connections on your mobo.
It may also be a faulty PSU cable which connects your system to wall socket or UPS if you're using it.
ok, as you already removed the 1 TB drive,
remove all the SATA drives / SSD whatever you've got.
just power on your system with Mobo cpu ram and graphics card only
as you can't boot without a boot drive just leave it BIOS screen and see if it turns off after a while.

Thank You @Nitendra Singh ji, I tried everything, as mentioned previous dust was major issue.
As per your suggestion, I have also requested a very SR. hardware engineer (very close friend) to come tomorrow, as Saturday,
He might carry ddr3 ram, psu unit, some cables etc. as he asked me.

I check a component below the PSU and it was fully covered with dust, as soon as i removed same, kids cleared couldnt take photo, the entire things below machine was heavily covered with dust, I keep my cabinet horizontal on floor.

This is the thing which was fully covered with dust, unsure what is this called.

Edit:
I canNot feel any kind of buzz on psu or graphic card, while touch them both. Unsure if fans are working there.

Removed part in POSTED in attachment, cleaned further dust from below and pc.

PC is on for last 2 hours,
UNINSTALLED CHOME/OPREA.

edit: 2+ hours no shut down soo far.
Something new, installed wifi software connector again (licensed), keeping pc online for nite.

Attachments

• part below psu unit.jpg
    part below psu unit.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
okay. what usually happens with windows is that whenever the kernel crashes it simply reboots without blue screen.
right click on my computer-> properties-> Advanced system settings-> advanced tab->startup and recovery-> settings -> system failure->uncheck “Automatically restart”
so from now on system will stop at bsod instead of rebooting.

for getting details about previous bsods; press windows button and start typing “event viewer”. in the event viewer go to windows logs->system. all the details about previous events will be logged here.

for analyzing crashes you will need windbg. i can explain about it if you wanna go that rabbit hole. most of the time you find the offending driver and nuke it.

I have my core hardware friend with me, can you suggest what to do ?
PC is not going shut down but suddenly cpu temparature is increase too fast.

He cleared entire dust from pc.. game loads fast (far cry primal) but cpu temperature is increasing too much upto 90* C +

He cleared entire dust from pc.. game loads fast (far cry primal) but cpu temperature is increasing too much upto 90* C +
this is a symptom of bad paste. usually pulling the heatsink and cleaning with alcohol pads and putting new paste will fix it.

thermal paste need to change :p

@futurized,
Let's try to simplify the debug a bit. Could you disconnect all the non essential components (gfx card if it has on board graphics, any disks, extra sticks of ram etc) basically the PSU should only power the cpu and motherboard.

1. Go into the bios screen and let it stay there. Check if the PC would turn off

2. If it shuts down, repeat step 1 but use the keyboard to put the system in standby/sleep. Leave it like that for say 12-24 hrs and see if you can wake it back up.

3. If you can't wake it up in step 2, power it off completely, pull the plug, press the power button a few times to make sure the PSU is discharged. Pull out the ram stick and turn it back on. You'll get the error beeps/messages but that's okay. Let the pc run and check if it'll abruptly switch off.

Let us know how that goes. We can debug further based on the symptoms.

1. Go into the bios screen and let it stay there. Check if the PC would turn off

In bios screen temperature was increasing by 1*c to 2*c. but friend suggested to turn off before it reached 90*c

He re-applied the thermal paste third time after all exercise and pc is now stable..
I have some liquid heat-sink solution (will share what exactly it is), but still now fans noises for 10-30 seconds, after every 3-4 hours, and goes off, hardware guy is going to fix this too.

But overall, dust was issue for sure. this is cpu temp graph after playing some fb browser based games.
Posted in soo much hassle last year as well. but wonder, can dust cause this major issue ?

Little happy, I dont have to pay for new PSU.
I have a 1000 watts PSU, which is not working, any best place to get same fixed in suburbs, ? mumbai
unsure if working or not working too, can share with hardware guy

I have a 10 feet x 25 feet big window just 1 feet adjacent to PC.. east faced..
And half size window in other room, wind blows like amazing.. but can this be eating PC ?

tyvm for helping me solve, random getting BSOD, but it was wifi network adapters issues, uninstalled same..

Attachments

• cpu temp latest after 8 hours.png
    cpu temp latest after 8 hours.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Back