PC under 10k

Hey m lookin for a new motherboard and processor under 10k:)
pls help

i have narrowed it down to Processor:AMD 945(quad core phenom 2)
Mother board: gigabyte M68-MTD3

let me know if its fine or if any thin better for same price or a lil more-)
thanks

Dont go for a crippled board like the gigabyte M68-MTD3 when u have the budget for a better board. It supports processors till a 95w TDP only. There are two flavors of PhenomII X4 945. (95w and 125w)

Before suggesting let us know the current config and ur needs so that we can help i choose better.

I would suggest the,

AthlonII X4 635 ~ 4.7k/ PhenomII X4 945 ~ 6.6k

MSI 785GM-E51 ~ 4k/ Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H ~ 4.5k

well as of now i have a xps laptop. but i feel more comfortable usin a desktop. my old desktop is screwed totally.

my basic requirements are :
-movies and surfing webpages without any lag or problem
-using Photoshop
-since m a final year engineering student ll have to be able to do my project work ,which may require a good processor that would be support emulators and compilers,
-also if possible decent on board graphics to play some games at least

pls do help
max for a processor and motherboard is 10K. would prefer if its possible within 8k:)

thanks

If within 8k then i would suggest the following,
AMD AthlonII X3 440 ~ 3.6k (Unlocks to a quad core if u are lucky :))
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H~4.5k/ Asus M4A88T M ~ 4.5k (Both the mobos have HDMI ports and HD4250 IGP. Also these mobos have all solid capacitors :))

But whats ur total budget for the desktop?

plannin to keep it within 15. already have a monitor so no need.

need mother board,processor, harddisc, optical drive, powersuply and ram:) pls suggest the best within 13-15k:)

AMD AthlonII X3 440 ~ 3.6k (Unlocks to a quad core if u are lucky )

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H~4.5k/ Asus M4A88T M ~ 4.5k (Both the mobos have HDMI ports and HD4250 IGP. Also these mobos have all solid capacitors )

harddisk - 500GB Seagate 7200.12 ~ 1.75k

optical drive - LG/Samsung OEM ~ 0.95k

powersuply - Gigabyte Superb 460 ~ 2k/ FSP SAGAII 400w ~ 1.9k

Ram - Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333MHz ~ 1.6k

Total: 14.3k

Whatever u do, check the board layout! I've a PhenomIIX4 940 and Gigabyte GA78G-US2H. The board is great and stable but bad for those with long assed cards like my 260GTX. ALL SATA ports blocked and only 2 are operable due to L-shaped heaveness. I had to get a damn SATA expansion card for my third SATA connection - DVD writer. This kind of layout is PLAGUED in all their 780G chipsets.

I would vouch for perhaps MSI 78G chipset as it has a better layout, ports are on the side for long cards and 2 are turned towards the HDD.Very nice! AND CHEAP and the same time.

thanks a lot guys. saved me:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

one more thing how is amd phenomX3 720 ??? thats also priced around 5k right. cause ive heard athlon is not that good and has heating problems

Athlons don't have heating problems, In fact the heat issues being linked to AMD processors were a problem almost 10-12 years back, but sadly the myth still remains :( the only disadvantage of the Athlon proccys are the lack of L3 cache.

Regards,

Nj

PS:Go for DarkAngel's its a really good config :)

DarkAngel said:
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H~4.5k/ Asus M4A88T M ~ 4.5k (Both the mobos have HDMI ports and HD4250 IGP. Also these mobos have all solid capacitors )

[STRIKE]Darkangel's config is good...but note
Gigabyte 880GM board has a better layout in terms of GPU + SATA but still intereferes. check the pic.

The Asus M4A88T looks a bit cramped near the GPU. The good thing is that the GPU slot is at the edge of the board (smart I like it) but the South brdige heatsink looks quite close.
Also only 3 SATA ports? comeon, I'm already using 3 SATA drives, but no biggie really!

Can anyone confirm pls whether the South bridge would interfere with big cards? or after market GPU heatsinks? Also does the last (left) SATA port get blocked in anyway due to large cards like the 260GTX?[/STRIKE]

Sorry My bad, please ignore the nonsense I've written. The board that DarkAngel recommends is GREAT! Excellent layout and it cost what...Rs.5k or so. Very nice. I would've gone for this board if I had known.

BTW where is the strikethrough text in the advanced section? I in-putted the code myself!

hey guys i asked most the vendors in bangalore on sp road if they have Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H in stock unfortunately none of them do:-( any idea where i can find it in bangalore pls help

nikrusty said:
Darkangel's config is good...but note

Gigabyte 880GM board has a better layout in terms of GPU + SATA but still intereferes. check the pic.

The Asus M4A88T looks a bit cramped near the GPU. The good thing is that the GPU slot is at the edge of the board (smart I like it) but the South brdige heatsink looks quite close.

Also only 3 SATA ports? comeon, I'm already using 3 SATA drives, but no biggie really!

Can anyone confirm pls whether the South bridge would interfere with big cards? or after market GPU heatsinks? Also does the last (left) SATA port get blocked in anyway due to large cards like the 260GTX?
The link u have given is the mini-ITX model. The one i suggested is micro ATX :)

Back