Budget 51-70k PC Upgrade advice (CPU+Mobo+PSU+ maybe even GPU ??)

Mike Messiah

Disciple
Hi, this is my current system
  • Ryzen 1500x
  • 16GB RAM
  • Zotac GTX 1070
  • Antec VP500PC
  • Gigabyte B350M DS3H
I am planning to upgrade my CPU because i experienced micro stutters in games like Uncharted 4 and have problem with emulation (Zelda BOTW on CEMU). Plus it been almost 5 years since i had an upgrade.
As you can see, my current system is just fit for each of its components. The mobo VRMs are good enough for the CPU.... the PSU is just enough to handle the system load, its a good tight-fit system for 2017-18, but its gonna be 2023 and i need a new drip.
What is the ideal path for an upgrade under Rs50,000? Do i need to spend a bit more, if so, its possible (60k, 70k). I want it to run well for another 5 years like my current system.
PS. I can only buy from Amazon.in because i wanna make use of my Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card

My recommendation would
Core i3 12100f ~9k
Gigabyte B660M DS3H ~12K
AMD Radeon RX6600XT ~30k
A good PSU (wait for recos, I lack knowledge here) ~5k
RAM ~ existing

You can save money or get a higher tier GPU by going for used graphics card. There are some good deals available on the market section here.

Check prices here https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/4941d734-9bf2-4ad6-9eb3-ce059d3aa774

Would recommend comparing prices with Amazon. There's no point using your credit card if you get higher than 5% discount by ordering from Mdcomputers.in or Vedant.

I would recommend you upgrade your current build and carry on to use your mobo/RAM for now. You invested in AM4 and AMD gave a great upgrade path, utilize it! Buy a cheap 5600X or 5600G (if u care about iGPU for backup display in case of dGPU failure) used and you'll have day and night difference in performance. Update the BIOS on your mobo and it should support 5000 series CPUs and B350 is fine to use with 5600X 65W TDP chip. Put the money towards buying a new GPU and PSU as suggested above. If you multi-task a lot then you'll even save enough to buy 16GB more RAM and have a total of 32GB which trust me, makes a lot of difference.
For PSU you can go with Deepcool DQ850M-V2L.

Do read BIOS update notes in some cases old AM4 Athlon CPU support is removed. If you won't ever use Athlon then you don't have to worry. Also try to upgrade BIOS in little increments and don't directly jump on latest if you're on too old version. It will save you a great deal.

Hey,

Honestly If I were you, I would sell the pc and go for a completely new build, since you will have to replace all the components eventually you listed because you have a 5 years of no upgrade plan. Once you sell it, increase the budget to 100k - 120k, go for 13th gen or 7000 series whatever you feel like gets you a good deal, go for that. Other option is get ryzen 7 5800x3d, and spend the rest on gpu + psu upgrade (wait for 4060ti or something).

Hi, this is my current system
  • Ryzen 1500x
  • 16GB RAM
  • Zotac GTX 1070
  • Antec VP500PC
  • Gigabyte B350M DS3H
I am planning to upgrade my CPU because i experienced micro stutters in games like Uncharted 4 and have problem with emulation (Zelda BOTW on CEMU). Plus it been almost 5 years since i had an upgrade.
As you can see, my current system is just fit for each of its components. The mobo VRMs are good enough for the CPU.... the PSU is just enough to handle the system load, its a good tight-fit system for 2017-18, but its gonna be 2023 and i need a new drip.
What is the ideal path for an upgrade under Rs50,000? Do i need to spend a bit more, if so, its possible (60k, 70k). I want it to run well for another 5 years like my current system.
PS. I can only buy from Amazon.in because i wanna make use of my Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
You should retire your CPU first. Your 1500x is probably what's considering the stutters.
I would suggest picking up a Ryzen 7 5700X. This by itself will give a day and night change in your gaming experience.
Indeed, your motherboard has mediocre VRMs, but the 5700x is only a 75w part chip, so it will sustain loads.

For the GPU, consider selling your 1070 and pick up an RX 6700 XT, along with a good 750w/850w PSU.

Also, what speeds are your memory kit rated at?

Hey,

Honestly If I were you, I would sell the pc and go for a completely new build, since you will have to replace all the components eventually you listed because you have a 5 years of no upgrade plan. Once you sell it, increase the budget to 100k - 120k, go for 13th gen or 7000 series whatever you feel like gets you a good deal, go for that. Other option is get ryzen 7 5800x3d, and spend the rest on gpu + psu upgrade (wait for 4060ti or something)
Should i wait for cheaper 7000 series AMD and cheaper 13th gen Intel (like 13400k or something, if it ever comes)

You should retire your CPU first. Your 1500x is probably what's considering the stutters.
I would suggest picking up a Ryzen 7 5700X. This by itself will give a day and night change in your gaming experience.
Indeed, your motherboard has mediocre VRMs, but the 5700x is only a 75w part chip, so it will sustain loads.

For the GPU, consider selling your 1070 and pick up an RX 6700 XT, along with a good 750w/850w PSU.

3200mhz

My recommendation would
Core i3 12100f ~9k
Gigabyte B660M DS3H ~12K
AMD Radeon RX6600XT ~30k
A good PSU (wait for recos, I lack knowledge here) ~5k
RAM ~ existing

You can save money or get a higher tier GPU by going for used graphics card. There are some good deals available on the market section here.

Check prices here https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/4941d734-9bf2-4ad6-9eb3-ce059d3aa774

Would recommend comparing prices with Amazon. There's no point using your credit card if you get higher than 5% discount by ordering from Mdcomputers.in or Vedant.
but 12500f is older generation. Want something up to date, even if its a mediocre CPU i want it to be as current gen as possible.

will the 5700x last me another 5 years?

Should i wait for cheaper 7000 series AMD and cheaper 13th gen Intel (like 13400k or something, if it ever comes)
Well even if AMD launches cheaper Zen 4 options, there's still the cost of motherboard and DDR5 to factor in. Both of these are ridiculously expensive, so going with latest gen AMD in a budget is unfortunately not possible.
The 13400 looks to be a solid CPU from the rumours, but it's too early to speculate gaming performance.
will the 5700x last me another 5 years?
The speed with which the PC market is changing makes it really hard to predict this as well. The 5700x is already a strong performer in all of today's games, so I would recommend keeping an open mind, forgetting the future, and enjoying your PC. You're backed by 8 cores as well, which is plenty enough in almost every workload.

I don't really think 5700x is needed for most people. You can get a 5600 for 10k less and it still won't bottleneck CPUs up to 3070 TI. I have even seen it paired with 3080 but at that point you're better off with something like the 5800X3D (current king of unoptimized games).

I do agree with the other person than you should upgrade the CPU first. For 50k, you can a 5600 + 6700 XT which would crush anything at 1080p and is a great 1440p card.

I don't really think 5700x is needed for most people. You can get a 5600 for 10k less and it still won't bottleneck CPUs up to 3070 TI. I have even seen it paired with 3080 but at that point you're better off with something like the 5800X3D (current king of unoptimized games).

I do agree with the other person than you should upgrade the CPU first. For 50k, you can a 5600 + 6700 XT which would crush anything at 1080p and is a great 1440p card.
5600x ---- 15,500
5700x ---- 22,349
5800x ---- 23,990

Should i jump straight to 5800x and a new motherboard??

Ok no more this and that, final decision---
Ryzen 5700x + Cooler
Is PCstudio.in reliable?

Last edited:
5600x ---- 15,500
5700x ---- 22,349
5800x ---- 23,990

Should i jump straight to 5800x and a new motherboard??

Ok no more this and that, final decision---
Ryzen 5700x + Cooler
Is PCstudio.in reliable?
Yes they are reliable, they have a store in bangalore called ankit infotech. You can check in google/reddit about their service.

You can build a used 5600x system easily with a 3060 ti in that budget range. I built one for my cousin. Monitor is extra though or you may need to put more money for it depending on the exact budget, AIO and case you want.

For GPU, get a 30xx from the classifieds section, so around 25-30K. No point in buying brand new when everyone is selling less than a year old GPU for almost half the price.

Since you're already having DDR 4 RAM, go with 5800X3D if you want the PC to game for the next 5 years.

Then a low/mid end B550 motherboard if you don't care about OC and depending on the features you need.

With all these upgrades, you'll need a decent PSU, atleast a 600W Bronze+.

NEW or used
3600 New-9.5k amzn
5600 New-14k amzn

some amount for 1500x can be reinvested

Used GPU
3060ti/3070/6700xt or maybe used RX6800 ( if you go on used proceessor route) , you can put that extra money over here according to the deal you get.

Monitor
BenQ MOBIUZ EX2710S 27 -20k
MSI Optix G27CQ4 27 -25k

there would be some money that you will fetch lateron when you sell your old monitor can be reinvested.

No point of having good cpu and GPu if it gets bottlenecked on 1080p , go for 1440p high refresh rate monitor you will feel the difference.

Isn't GTX 1070 still enough today for most games , would consider taking the 1070 off you if you want and live near mumbai
Should be ok for 1080p 60FPS gaming in most games, especially if you're ok with medium to high settings.

Many people, on the other hand, are looking for 144 FPS and/or 1440p-4k resolution and/or can't live with anything below ultra settings. So it depends on how discerning you are.

I'm myself a new gamer and find my 3060 an overkill, so much so that I keep settings below what it can run at to reduce power consumption.

Should be ok for 1080p 60FPS gaming in most games, especially if you're ok with medium to high settings.

Many people, on the other hand, are looking for 144 FPS and/or 1440p-4k resolution and/or can't live with anything below ultra settings. So it depends on how discerning you are.

I'm myself a new gamer and find my 3060 an overkill, so much so that I keep settings below what it can run at to reduce power consumption.
same i got used 3070 and playing all 2 years backlog of games, can easily go above 100fps at 1440p but currently I'm unemployed so living off my savings and thus reducing settings to keep power consumption low. once I get back to work I'll crank everything up including RT although my playtime hours will reduce making electricity bill almost similar? perhaps. lol

I made an old build and use my rx550, it gives around 150fps in competitive fps so i'm good.

though reducing power consumption for longevity ?

Back